Favorite way to eat pork rinds/chicharrones?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #21

Our Walmart and Wegmans has them. Even at the upscale Wegmans frequently run out. I know because I keep a supply in my house. It is one of the few foods in a bag that I eat. That plus cheese which is technically bagged.

I especially like pork rinds when I eat a low fat protein like cod fish, or really lean beef or chicken.

(Susan) #22

If your Walmart carries Old Dutch products, it should be with them. They are called Bacā€™n puffs. Mine are on the bottom shelf.

(Danielle) #23

Dip into Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Spinach Dip, ectā€¦ My go-to if Iā€™m craving some CRUNCH!

(Susan) #24

Ohh okay, thanks, Susan, I will check on Friday night when I go grocery shopping. I have asked the people there but well the young men stocking the shelves are very polite and friendly, but donā€™t seem to know what the products are half the time ā€” ie: I asked where the stuffing was, and one young man told me ā€œin the bedding section, maā€™amā€ ----ummmmmm ā€” grrr.

(Heather Meyer) #25

Pork Rind Nachos

Pork rinds on baking pan, topped with diced tomato, taco meat, green onion and shredded cheeseā€¦ baked till golden and topped with sour cream

(Heather Meyer) #26

I didā€¦

Layer of pork rinds on baking pan, topped with toppings of choice and then shredded cheese and stick under the broiler for 3-5 minutesā€¦long enough for cheese to melt and pork rinds to take on a sliggtly golden hue. Watch closelyā€¦they burn fast. I only get an odd soggy piece under my layers.