Fatty snacks to fill up to satiety

cookingguide

(Tim ) #41

It’s a great snack! I also do bacon pucks to change it up. Just spread cream cheese on the bacon and roll it up like a cheese log. Yum! Maybe add some chopped jalapeño for fun?

(Rick Norman) #42

I do love pork rinds/cracklins. And I just had bacon with cream cheese on it for the first time yesterday…omg this could be the greatest thing ever!

(Rick Norman) #43

greatest thing ever!

(Guardian of the bacon) #44

You got that right.

Well greatest thing ever that I’ve experienced that doesn’t involve my wife.

(David) #45

I’ve been having 4 rashers of bacon, slathered wth cream cheese, and then 2 fried eggs on top for lunch. Today I had a BPC for breakfast, a boiled egg to tide me over until lunch, and then my bacon, creamcheese and eggs. nom nom nom.

(Tim ) #46

Salami slices with cream cheese are great also.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #47

I carry hard boiled eggs, Duke’s Shorty Sausages, and macadamia nuts in my purse. I also keep Salt & Vinegar Chicharonnes in my desk.

(Judy ) #48

Wrapped around a pickle!

(David) #49

Thanks, I went to the supermarket last night to stock up on butter, coconut oil and baking paper (damn !! Just remembered that I forgot a couple of ingredients to make a fathead pizza tonight when my almond flour arrives).

Last night I went to a different supermarket to the one I usually go to, and saw a tin of Ghee, my eyes lit up and I said out loud “OOOooohh yes !!”

(Tim ) #50

Great idea. I love pickles. One of my favorite snacks is a dill pickle with peanut butter prior to being keto, had one yesterday with almond butter it was ok. Is peanut butter ok on keto? I thought I saw somewhere that peanuts were a no no.

(Scott Shillady) #51

Peanut butter is avoided by some that have inflamatory issues. It however is lowish carb and a lot of us enjoy it if we can use in moderation. I use it in recipes, and make sure i hide it so I’m not tempted to eat the whole jar