Fatty snacks to fill up to satiety

cookingguide

(Insert witty quote here) #21

If you put it in cold water, it’ll thaw fairly quickly. I usually put it in the sink, cover it with cold water. Bacon usually the in a half hour or so. Larger cuts of meat thaw slower, obviously, but still pretty quickly.

(Dustin Cade) #22

I really like pecans dipped into salted butter, I love “6 minute” eggs, Bacon, pepperoni, cheese… all kinds of things you can stuff into a lunch bag and go off to work, I keep a jar of pickle slices and olives at my desk…

(Guardian of the bacon) #23

Once you’re well adapted you will have much less need to snack.

I often eat one meal a day with no snacking.

(jketoscribe) #24

I usually get “peckish” around 4 or 5 p.m. and I typically work until nearly 8 p.m. My bad habit has been to snack on nuts. Nuts aren’t terrible but they are high in Omega 6’s and I tend to overeat them, plus the office mix has too many carby cashews. I can’t nibble on cheese very often because I don’t tolerate it well, bacon is not an option for me (religious reasons), and I don’t eat anything with sweeteners right now so traditional “fat bombs” are out.

The last two days I’ve been mixing some ghee and some coconut oil and eating that as a “fat bomb” for my snack. Yesterday I had that with some seaweed flaks sprinkled on and today I sprinkled in a little bit of fat cocoa powder (unsweetened) and about a tsp of chopped pecans. Very satisfying and helps me increase the coconut oil which is my goal for the week of increasing MCT’s.

(Ross Daniel) #25

you can do savory fat bombs! They don’t have to be sweet. There are tons of recipes out there. :slight_smile:

(jketoscribe) #26

Theres one on DietDcotor.com that I like, but this is easy peasy.

I used to keep a jar of butter in the fridge at the office. A half-pound slab of Kerrygold fits in a 1 cup mason jar if you soften it. If I got hungry I just took a spoon to the break room and dug in.

(Kathy L) #28

I like avocados with just some salt & pepper - no need for fancy spices for me!

(David) #29

Thanks @michellembeach1220, I’ll remember that for next time. For today I brought hard cheese, chicken with some butter to melt over it, cream cheese and macadamia nuts to sacrifice to satisfy the snacking demons

(Jordie) #30

And a small squeeze of lemon juice, delicious!

(Dave) #31

Chicken liver pate with celery sticks is awesome… Chicken liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet… You make it with chicken liver & bacon cooked in heaps of butter… When its cooked - blend it and then portion up and freeze some… Boom!

(Insert witty quote here) #32

That sounds delicious!

(Tim ) #33

I am making Bacon turnovers right now. Cook bacon let it cool, spread cream cheese on bacon and fold over. I take it in my lunch box and snack when needed.

(Scott Shillady) #34

I’m constantly snacking on the Krispy Kremes that I ate 10 years ago :bacon::honey_pot:

(Jessica K) #35

I keep a small baggie of macadamia nuts and pecans in my purse. Macadamia nuts are AWESOME for someone who is low on fats!

(Guardian of the bacon) #36

I just recently discovered cold bacon and cream cheese…don’t know why it took nearly 56 years.

(David) #37

I was snacking on cold bacon and cream cheese yesterday. A colleague was looking on enviously. Maybe he was thinking about it on one of his 3 mile runs.

(Kathy L) #38

YUMMY! I need to try this!

(Annika) #39

Someone already mentioned pecans with butter; I just discovered this last week! Raw pecans with some salted Kerrygold butter, YUM.

Liver pate is awesome and very nutrient dense. Making your own is easy! I pour it into tiny 4 ounce mason jars, so it’s very portable. Here’s a paleo-fied version of Julia Child’s chicken liver mousse (very close to the original recipe): Chicken Liver Mousse

Julia Child is my hero, always loved her :slight_smile: