FatPants YAEF - Yet Another Extended Fast

(Andrew) #1

I’m going to attempt several weeks of fasting. I’ve gone 100hrs before. About 4 of those. Day 4 is hard for me. I took a few weeks off work, since I’m not a professional faster just yet. They are still hard for me. I wanted to be able to hang on the couch if need be.

I’m on Day 4. Luckily the wife is gone and hasn’t started cooking everything all day. She only cooks things that smell fantastic. Oddly, day 3 was hard this time, but it has always been the easiest historically. Hunger is pretty good today (missing) so hopefully it will be easy from here on out.

I feel pretty “heavy” today, and a little spacey. GKI was 1.85 this am and now down to 1.376 (99/4.4).

My goal is to fix my insulin sensitivity (and of course lose weight). I don’t lose weight on keto (and still have a high appetite), so I’m going to have to be more extreme. My appetite is pretty good after fasting but quickly reverts to being hungry all the time.

99 bg seems crazy after not eating for 3+ days, I am assuming this is just my IR screwing things up. So I’d like to see that drop into the 50s or lower for 5 days? Anyone know anything specific? Dr. Fung starts with 14 days, so I want to go at least that long. I’m not really a fan of these first 3-5 days, so I’d rather go as long as I can.

I started at 262.7 so I have plenty to burn off. 252 this am (3.5d in)

wml