Fat people at work

('Jackie P') #68

Haha! I didn’t say I never had a donut, just not for breakfast😊

(traci simpson) #69

No lie - in the 1990’s my license plate said FATFREE!

(Scott) #70

This is what I was thinking. I guess using FAT is not very nice and I would never use that in a direct conversation. However if someone used the words Fat, Obese, Overweight or Heavy to describe me they are really all the same. I don’t feel better or worse because someone else feels better or politically correct using one over the other. Heck I have pictures of family the scroll on the TV and my wife and I will see a picture from the past and say “look how fat we are in that picture”. I think calling out someone here over using the term fat is splitting hairs here.

(hottie turned hag) #71

:laughing:

I’m weak!

I was just talking in another thread about the dry grilled chicken breasts that suddenly appeared on every menu in the 90s.
Remember when oatmeal was supposed to lower cholesterol and it became this big thing?

(Susan) #72

You do realize that none of this food is Keto, eh? You are not doing a Ketogenic plan at all, no wonder you feel bad You are eating a SAD diet still. What you are eating is just as bad Carbage and poisons as the women you are insulting from work. Plus, on Keto we do not snack between meals.

At the beginning you eat 3 meals at day only --with a maximum of 20 carbs a day (net), no sugar, adequate proteins and healthy fats, water and electrolytes. With as little of processed foods as possible, and no snacking. You have to make sure no food for at least a 12 hour period from supper to breakfast as well, to get your body to adjust the insulin levels. After you have done this for a few weeks, your body will get used to this, then you can get rid of either breakfast or supper (to have two meals a day instead.

Personally I only eat Lunch at 1pm and then no snacking or calories until 4:30 supper, then no food or calories (herbal tea, plain and water only) from 5pm-until 1pm the next day.

You are not currently doing Keto at all, so it is no wonder you feel so horrible, you are still very much addicted to Carbs. If you follow the above and get into Ketosis you will feel amazing soon.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #73

Have you been officially diagnosed? What is your blood sugar?

As many people have stated, the food you posted isn’t keto. You said you don’t test, so how do you know what your blood sugar is doing?

You certainly aren’t eating enough at each meal. As others have said, you should eat more at each meal, without eating the rice cake, apple, yogurt, bread and jelly.

You could easily eat 2 eggs with some bacon and maybe an avacado for breakfast, the cottage cheese might be OK, too.

For lunch, you can still try the tuna w/ mayo. Just add in some healthy fat options (avacado is good), maybe some salad with a good fatty dressing.

For dinner you can do another salad w/ fatty dressing along w/ the bunless cheeseburger. Skip the dessert.

Here is a great guide to starting off in the keto world:

(Susan) #74

Can you tell me what a typical day looks like for you (ball park)?

(Susan) #75

Ok thank you

(Susan) #76

Tonight I will have eggs with shrimp for supper

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #77

What else do you plan to eat with it?
I usally have a meat option, some kind of veggie (like broccoli w/ bacon bits and cheese) and a small salad with a fatty dressing (I like Ranch or Caesar).

(Susan) #78

For now you are better with a 3 meal a day plan to start, so I went on my Cronometer and have made a day’s meal idea for you. You can replace the meats of course with what you prefer, I just did this as an example to give you an idea. The most important part is to keep the net carbs below 20 grams daily.

This is doing breakfast, lunch, and supper, with no snacking. I always have a plain herbal tea in the evening, (I usually make two cups at once from one tea bag) but don’t add anything to it.

If you download the cronometer and put in your stats, your macros will be different then mine, this is just to give you a good idea =).

(Susan) #79

Yes, that is a good idea. I will add Brussels sprouts and a carrot salad and dressing

(Susan) #80

Thank you so much

(Susan) #81

You are welcome =).

(Zach) #82

Have some empathy. Most of these people were not fat in their teens and twenties. But they did eat terribly, probably worse than they do now. Sugary cereal and donuts for breakfast, junk food and fast food. Yet they stayed pretty thin.
Fast forward 30 years. They are now fat, but eat better than when young. According to CICO, the only possibility is slowed metabolism and the doctors say that is age related. Just an inevitable part of aging. So, that’s why they blame age.
And what if the few who are thin when over 50? Must be good genes. And there is a basis for this too. Some people are insulin sensitive and stay that way despite overloading on carbs. This doesn’t mean they are healthy by any means, but they are thinner.
And why donuts and salads? Well, they have been told that fat is the enemy for decades. If they can eat a fat free donut and a salad with fat free dressing, they are following nutritional guidelines. When diabetes nutritionists are advising patients that it is ok to eat 150 grams of carbs at each meal(!) then why is this surprising? According to SCIENCE, fat is the enemy, not sugar. Remember Snackwells?
Here’s an analogy. Imagine you are in 1948 America. Doctors recommend smoking cigarettes, they are part of the rations handed out by the army. You wonder “why do all these people get lung cancer and blame it on genetics or age?”
Or you are in 1894. Doctors are prescribing cocaine to pep you up. People are becoming addicted and dying. Must be genetics. When society condones addictive substances as healthy and medicine agrees, what can people blame it on?
Finally, why the reaction to your post? Many CICO proponents turn being overweight into a moral issue. If it is simply moving more and eating less then the fat must only differ from the thin in their will power. The fat are weak-willed and this deserve what they get. Just like junkies and alcoholics.
Keto shows this to be a lie. Keto doesn’t work by suddenly infusing large amounts of will power into bacon before eating. It shows that it is a medical/dietary/hormonal condition. The discoveries of the hinger hormones like ghrelin, peptide yy, leptin, etc show that hunger is hormonal, not based on will power.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #83

:slightly_smiling_face:

I love that I’m smiling at this thread now.

@Susa you’re in the right place for bags of support and super tips for the keto way of eating.

(Bob M) #84

Zach, nobody gave you a like for that post? This is the first like I’ve ever given.

You are 100% correct, save maybe in the use of “gay”. Did you mean “gay”?

(hottie turned hag) #85

These are amazing roasted with bacon. Super easy, just put on cookie sheet, 400 degrees, bacon on top, bake until tender.

(hottie turned hag) #86

That was a truly kickass post.

Right?! Leave it to our dear @Momof5 Susan to bring a good vibe. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Susan) #87

They are gay and eating better, lol