Fat Fasting vs. Water Fasting

(TiffanySue) #1

Hi there, I’m new to the forums but not to the IF / Keto topic. I’ve lost quite a lot of weight doing LCHF / Keto and IF already (120lbs) but the last 3 years I’ve been struggling with the remaining fat (which is still quite a lot imo…). I’ve been experimenting alot, following the trends of the keto community and right now I ended up with one meal a day 22-2

Previously I always had coconut oil in my coffee or tea or even bulletproof coffee. I did not think that it was possible to last without. This Tuesday I did 23h of water fasting and I am super proud :smiley: Honestly… I didn’t even feel any different, it actually felt easier! Wish I would have been braver before because the added fat didn’t really help my weightloss and I was still fixating on the thought of finally having my fatty coffee.

So if you’re like me, afraid to go without any of it, just give it a try! It’s really just a head thing. :smiley:

Now I am hoping that this 22:2 water fasting protocol will help me lose the fat for good and improve my insulin sensitivity. I plan on doing this 5 times per week (work days) and on the weekends I will eat 2-3 keto meals.

I would not recommend that anyone dry fast for more than a day. Dry fasting is how they let people die when they take them off all fluids in the hospital it can take 3-5 days for someone to die. And as doctors repeatedly explained to me the brain shuts down the feel for the need for fluid and may enter a state of euphoria; however, the death itself is painful. Obviously, everyone is different and I am all for fasting. But dry fasting needs caution.

(TiffanySue) #5

Oh I didn’t want it to come across like fat-fasting isn’t helpful. It’s just that for me it seemed to really stall weightloss and make the fasting harder actually. I have a really bad relationship with food so all these feelings about craving something (like I craved my bulletproof coffee) are not good so I was just happy that I managed to cut it out all together. :slight_smile:

Very impressive that you’ve managed to fast for so long and with so many different techniques. I am already excited about my 22 hours :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t even imagine going without food for 30 days, let alone dry fast! I’m thinking about doing 48 h soon but I have to find a good moment for it when I’m busy or I won’t manage.