Fat contributes to insulin resistance

(Kelda Smith) #21

Just got new labs after six months of keto and fasting…my fasting insulin went from 17 to 18!!! A1C dropped from 5.6 to 4.7 but what the heck? I fast for 18-20 hours regularly with lots of 36-42 hour fasts, a handful of 3 day and 1 five day fast. I’ve not been perfect, have had 5 “cheats” in 6 months and do not regularly eat keto desserts. Mainly chicken thighs, bacon, eggs, cheese, nuts (probably higher nuts than super strict ketonians) and BPC. How, oh please tell me how, did my fasting insulin go UP!!! I also have adrenal fatigue so cortisol has been super low for the last 7 years. It is currently up to 78 from 44 six month ago which was an improvement from the previous measure. I have a fairly high stress life caregiving for my parents and uncle as well as 2 small kids and my husband just lost his job. Oh yeah, and, currently, my only exercise is walking, due to several bulging and one herniated disc(s). That’s a snapshot of me. I listen to you all everyday on my morning walks and so appreciate how you make the science accessible to right brained people like me. Would love your input on this!