Fat bombs/snacks

(Stickin' with mammoth) #42

I Frankensteined several coconut ones I found online into a smoother, less Almond-Joy-in-your-face flavor.

Coconut Keto Bombs

1 C. coconut butter
1 C. cocoa butter
2 C. coconut oil
1 t. almond or vanilla extract (optional)
sweetener of your choice (optional)

Basically, you just melt the butters and oils very slowly over low heat until everything’s clear and you can stir it together. Remove from heat, let cool ten minutes, add your flavorings. Drop by the tablespoon into plastic ice cube trays (I use one of those non-stick mini muffin baking trays because each muffin cup is exactly one tablespoon) and refrigerate for a few hours. Pop them out and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight bag or container. Some people add a handful of shredded coconut or finely chopped almonds cuz sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. I found all my ingredients on Amazon and at Trader Joes.

Per bomb:

117.5 calories
0.75 g carbs
0.25 g protein
12.75 g fat

(Sheri Knauer) #43

I thought I would revive this thread since I just made the worlds simplest fat bomb. I just melted some coconut oil, put a macadamia nut in each of the holders of a small candy mold, poured in the melted oil, cranked some salt on top, popped in the freezer for 20 minutes. Done! Then I used a few Liliys chocolate chips. Then I thought I could try with crumbled bacon. Many possibilities. Or it could just be straight up frozen coconut oil with some extracts mixed in.

(Carey) #44

There is no such thing as only one when the cocoa % is below 80% for me. That is just playing w fire in my book

(jim schafer) #45

i love to heat cocoa butter and add it to whatever i’m making… it adds flavor but also makes the fat bomb less “melty” …coconut oil tends to melt easily without something to firm it up.

(Sarah ) #46

I make a coffee drink that def. counts as a fat bomb. I cant even imagine what I would have thought about drinking that much fat, a year ago. Basically, two cups strong brewed hot coffee, 1 Tbs MCT oil, I tbs butter (I use cultured), 2 Tbs heavy cream, about a tsp pure unsweet bakers chocolate, 10 gms (one scoop) collagen, and I add cinnamon and star anise and a pinch of salt for flavor. I hit the ground running and stay on an even burn for several hours with this,.

I make a similar drink with coffee and cloves and pepper and vanilla and chicory, but it is still in development. its more of a night time drink.

(back and doublin' down) #47

that’s a real thing? leftover bacon??

This was a fun thread to read through ~ lots of great flavor ideas.