Fat bombs/snacks

(Jacquie) #21

I’m originally from Philly, love sushi/sashimi but never heard of this. I left Philly in '69, well, before sushi became popular, so that’s probably why.
On another note, Vancouver BC (lived there for over 30 years) has the most incredible sushi/sashimi. Simply amazing!

(Melissa Feather) #22

If I can add to your question…it would be great to have ideas of FB’s that don’t need refrigeration or freezing. As I travel…would love to bring them along!

(Amanda Clark) #23

You can make it to by wizzing unsweetened coconut in the food processor /blender, takes ages tho so you need to rest your machine

(Craig Rice) #24

Easy! Take your favorite frozen Fat Bomb and seal it in FoodSaver bag. Just clip corner of bag and squeeze to consume. I have done this with coconut oil FBs with no problems. You can get creative with the bags by sealing them down to a size easily managed.

(Mirissa Joy Beavers) #25

I made some cheese chips and plan to eat them with some mashed avocado. Super easy and takes care of my cravings for potato chips! :relaxed:

(softail925) #26

What typr of cheese do you make these cheese snacks?

(Larry Lustig) #27

Most hard cheeses will do – Parmesan, Asiago, etc.

My favorite fat bomb recipe is to melt equal parts of coconut oil and raw cocoa butter, then mix in half of the above measure of nut butter, a bit of vanilla, and a bit of stevia (or sweetener of choice). I blend this for about 15 sec, pour into a mold, and freeze.

(Mirissa Joy Beavers) #29

What Larry said! I used a Colby/cheddar blend and then threw some seasonings on them. My non-keto husband loved them too!

(Brian Miller) #30

Just made some for the 1st time at lunch and they’re wonderful.

(Mirissa Joy Beavers) #31

Yes!!! They are so easy and good! I liked mine with guacamole

(softail925) #32

What percentage of dark choc is that?

Trader Joe’s has a 72% dark Belgian chocolate and each square is 1.5 carbs. The thing is just having one square😛

(softail925) #34

Well, that is good to know. Ive been eating 86% dark choc. And ur right, the secret is eating only one square!

(Jessica K) #35

I have to have my husband hide the chocolate in my house and dish is out to me :joy:

just got the ebook for $3. this has to be the best compilation of fat bomb recipes out there. I’m looking forward to making most of these over the next year

(Newimprovedme ) #37

Genius…I’ve got to make that.

(Guardian of the bacon) #39

O.M.F.G.

Why have I not made this combination before?
A nice thick wide slice of leftover cold bacon spread with cream cheese into a rollup.

So Fucking good.

(Kris Cater) #40

Added the almond, it worked :slight_smile:

(karinandglen) #41

made a little treat last night, modifying it to fit my personal taste buds, Easy and Tasty!

Lemon Fat Bombs
2 ounces cream cheese
4 T butter
4 T coconut oil
4 T heavy whipping cream
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 t lemon extract
1 packet stevia
2 pinches of unsweetened coconut
lemon zest

Microwave cream cheese, butter, coconut oil until melted and whisk well. Add heavy cream, unsweetened coconut, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest and packet of stevia. Wisk well (i used a stick blender) Pour into ice cube tray and throw it in the freezer for one hour or overnight. I didn’t have an ice cube tray so I put them in the tiny muffin tins. YUMMY!