Fat bombs/snacks

(jchappellt) #1

What’s your favorite quick and easy fat bomb for a snack/ need energy?
I’ve been making melted coconut oil mixed with swerve and a touch peppermint essence. Throw it in a silicone mold, and freeze it for 5 minutes or so. But I’m getting tired of it.

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

Lately I’ve been eating coconut butter out of the jar with a spoon. Nomnomnom…

I consider the 99% dark chocolate i found at World Market to be a fat bomb too.

I made Key Lime Pie cheesecake bites, they were one of my favorite fat bombs so far.

I made another one that was an Almond Joy fat bomb. I think it was cocoa powder, coconut oil, coconut flour, Swerve, and almond butter. I’ll see if I can find the recipe. You roll it into balls.

My hubby did some savory fat bombs using cream cheese, jalapeño, and bacon. Now those were good.

(jchappellt) #3

The jalapeno poppers ones sound awesome!! Actually they all do haha, where did you find coconut butter?

(AnnaLeeThal) #4

Amazon.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

I picked up this book from Amazon a while back:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592337287

Great recipes for fat bombs…finally getting around to assembling all the necessary ingredients to start making them. :slight_smile:

[edit] - no idea why the preview says “robot check” but it seems the link does work. Weird.

(jsevik) #6

Smoked salmon and cream cheese fat bombs. :slight_smile:

(Rosie Cool) #7

I make a batch almost every Sunday just to snack on. Mainly cream cheese bites. I blend cream cheese with some butter and vanilla. Add in sweetener plus whatever flavor you like (lemon juice, pumpkin, cocoa powder, anything works). Stir and pipe onto a wax paper covered sheet tray. Leave the tray in the freezer for 2 hours then you can transfer the bites into Tupperware and store in the fridge. They’re a dual purpose in our house: dessert or snack.

(Kris Cater) #8

I made a Mounds one. Melted coconut oil, added some Swerve and 1 tb cocoa powder, put in molds, froze about 5 minutes or so. Then, melted some Coconut Manna and Kerrygold together, poured them on top in a thin layer so the coconut wasn’t overwhelming. Next time, I’ll throw on almond on each one. Thanks!

(Gail Des Jardin) #9

I just bought the same book within the last week, and the recipes look amazing!

(thefeatherdustersllc) #10

Yum!!

(Jessica K) #11

Do you literally just roll cream cheese in smoked salmon? Lox and cream cheese has such a special place in my heart and I never even thought to use that combo in Keto!

(Jacquie) #12

Me, too! :slight_smile: Sunday morning breakfast minus the bagels, which I haven’t had in many years (mid 90’s) and don’t miss. I like it topped with a caper and a bit of dill.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #13

Mmmm, I’ll be trying that!! Maybe I’ll just chop up some smoked salmon, and mix it with some cream cheese and then roll it in some Capers and red onions…

(mykittashi) #14

I’ve been making a sipping chocolate that I looove.
1T coconout oil
1-2 T HWC
1-2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Splash vanilla

Combine in a mug, microwave 20-30 seconds, stir and enjoy. It’s only a few sips, but a great texture and intense flavor. The cocoa and HWC have some carbs, so make sure you think about your daily limit.

(Jane Reed) #15

The typical recipes make a batch, and I don’t dare have a pile of sweet stuff around. Me, I make a single serving by mixing an ounce of cream cheese with half an ounce of butter (abt. 45 grams total); add a teaspoon and a half of cocoa powder and stevia to taste. It is just enough to hit the spot. Substitute lemon juice or any other robust flavor for variety.

(jim schafer) #16

i also have that book…i’m headed to the kitchen to make some now…will have to glance thru the book to get some ideas… I use silicone ice cube trays…they work great !!!

(Larry Lustig) #17

Here’s my solution:

Solves both the bagels and lox problem and the sushi problem.

(thefeatherdustersllc) #18

Yes!!

(Jessica K) #19

Oh yes! That is a marvelous idea <3 Like a Philadelphia roll!

The coconut butter is awesome! I also will have a square of dark chocolate…,it’s 1.5 net carbs and a 100 for satisfaction :slight_smile: