Fasting until Wednesday 1/16 6:00 am EST. Come join me

Hi all,

Doing a 36 hour fast to break my own personal PR of 24 hours.

Started at 6:01 pm EST on Monday 1/14
Estimate completion is 6:00 am EST on Wednesday 1/16.

What I’ll be having during my 36 hours…water, sparkling water, black coffee. In case of emergency, I’ll be having a pinch of pink salt with 6-8 oz of bone broth, but this is a last resort. I’ll also be having 5 mg melatonin 30 mins before bed tonight and tomorrow to help me get to sleep.

If you’re interested, please join me. I’m sure I’ll be hungry at times, but I’ll do my best to just breathe and ride the wave while at work.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like me to report on specific aspects of this fasting experience.

Updates:

1/14 Monday 6:00 pm- just had my last meal before I go into my fast …some delicious Peri Peri chicken with caulflower rice and a spinach and feta salad. All in all feeling pretty good.

1/14 Monday 8:30 pm- enjoying some sparkling water. What’s your plan for spelligrino or perrier? I’m a fan of the spelligrino all the way. Tastes so much better. I wonder if there are some other sparkling water brands I should try out.

1/15 Tuesday 10:00 am- 16 hours in, 44.7% towards my 36 hr goal. feeling good. had some water earlier today and now sipping on some black coffee while i get through the work day. On an unrelated note- I had a quest bar day before yesterday and i’m starting to break out- is this normal?

1/15 Tuesday 12:23 pm- Holy hunger pangs Batman!

(Paul Butler) #2

I’m currently doing a 46hr fast since Sunday night, and will be finishing Tuesday night.
I weekly do a 46hrs fast, and 16/8 - 20/4 the rest of the week.

(Isheima Richardson) #3

Riding the wave with you just had my last meal Beef Roast & Green Beans been going through the KETO FLU was eating outside of the woe but still fasting eating once a day. Now trying to get strictly on our woe.

(Paul Butler) #4

If you’ve got the KETO FLU, you might want to hold off doing an extended fast, as you need to get your electrolytes under control, otherwise you wont feel good through the fast or might not last

(Dena ) #5

Suck on some pink salt when you feel hungry or craving. Works for me!

1/15 Tuesday 10:00 am- 16 hours in, 44.7% towards my 36 hr goal. feeling good. had some water earlier today and now sipping on some black coffee while i get through the work day. On an unrelated note- I had a quest bar day before yesterday and i’m starting to break out- is this normal? Guess that’s something else i need to stop indulging in.

we’ll see how i feel after 36 hrs…46 hrs seems like a lofty goal for me at this point.

1/15 Tuesday 12:23 pm- Holy hunger pangs Batman!

(Paul Butler) #9

Hopefully you were able to push through (while I was sleeping)
Normally hunger comes in waves. (especially around usual meal times)
Otherwise if too much, stop for now, and try again next time, aiming for slightly longer (+1hr) than you got this time. Work up to it.
If I know I’m fasting, I generally don’t get hungry until closer to my break fast time - unless of course I’m stressed (ie arguing with my kids) then I feel hungry sooner
Good luck

(Paul Butler) #10

Sorry I’m in Australia, so I don’t think we get quest bars here.
I mainly only eat whole foods (except my few cheats) so my skin has been 1000% better since I went Keto and IF.

1/16 Wednesday 6:00 am- I’m eating something… Bone broth :slight_smile: