Fasting until all of the pounds are gone (or until my body tells me to stop)

(Raj Seth) #7

WOW - so you are targeting an indefinite fast till ALL the lbs are gone!! Ambitious. Best of luck :+1:
Ron Coleman did a similar 46 day that he has catalogued on this site.

I am going at it a little softer. I did some training fasts a week apart, a 36 hr, a 3 day, and then a 6 day, then feasted for couple weeks, then did a 3 day and a 7 day randomly thrown in with plenty of ridiculous feasting in keeping with Megan Ramos’ recommendation of “mixing it up”. I have been feasting for the last week :+1:
I am launching a 2 week today at 218lbs. To be quite honest, I am targeting blood glucose and central adiposity more than weight. I test my blood glucose regularly, and bought aspirational pants - 34" waist (pre-keto I was 48" :flushed: )
We can fast together, though I know you are 5 days ahead of me - so I can cheer you on!

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #8

Rajseth, I’m so excited that I have a fasting buddy! I love the idea about the pants. I may do something similar. I’ll have to find just the right piece of clothing.

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #9

I’m on Day 5 at bedtime. The day was mostly easy, but I’m very hungry right now. I’m going to take my vitamins, drink soda water, eat salt, watch dumb TV, and go to sleep. I know that I can make it through the night, and now that I have a fasting buddy, Rajseth, I know I can make it through the next two weeks!

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #10

I forgot to report my weight for today which is 190.

(Tina Rogers) #11

I am about 2.5 weeks into keto and believe I could do a fast. What are the benefits and should I be doing one so soon. I feel great and have already lost around 7kgs

(Raj Seth) #12

I weighed in at 220.4 at 36 hours. +2.6 lbs. I guess I have been successful at hydrating!

@wendy3 have you tried sneaking a pinch of tasty salt under your tongue. Just let it sit there and be absorbed directly, undiluted. Megan Ramos suggests that. It feels like you ate something.

I start my day with a quart of ketoaide from @Brenda recipe KetoAide homemade Yesterday, I drank 4 quarts of bone broth mixed with some water from a corned beef that I had made couple days ago. I always cool these liquids and skim off the fat to leave the broth with minimal caloric value.

I made buffalo wings for the family last night. Wings deep fried in lard at 425dF on the stove. Yummmmm. But I was at 24 hours fasted and definitely had to flex the fasting muscle to not have any.

From this point onwards, I am eschewing the bone broth, and going to stay with plain water, salt, ketoaide, black coffee and tea only. Want to get into proper autophagy with no distraction from even minimal caloric input.

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #13

Yay Rajseth! I’m so happy that you got through your 24!

I am now at 188 which is my lowest weight since my highest weight of 310. It’s day 6. I went through a few moments of losing momentum, just kind of not excited anymore, and then I thought of you and the rest of the forum, and it got me excited again. Also, I thought of my 6-year-old. She is a huge fan of 2 Keto Dudes. I thought that if I fasted long enough, then maybe the dudes would notice, ask me on the show, and maybe my daughter could say, “Hi,” on the podcast. Now that’ll keep me going!

I use salt throughout the day. I use Kosher salt, because I like the big crystals. I haven’t heard of putting it under my tongue, but I like to chew it, because it feels like I’m eating.

Right now I’m sitting in McDonald’s to meet a friend. I have my coffee with a little coconut oil and heavy cream, and I’m doing OK. While I’m waiting for my friend, I’m keeping myself busy online.

I’ll check in again soon!

(Raj Seth) #14

@wendy3 I am going hardcore this time - no cream, no caloric anything. Yesterday, Day 1, I had some 4 quarts of home made bone broth which, of course, has some trace calories. Today, I have made tuna melts and home made bacon for my kids etc. and have been able to resist tasting anything. I did have some lacto fermented cauliflower florets, to keep the gut probiotics happy, and just 'cause. again only trace calories. Going forward, black coffee/tea, water, ketoaide and thats it. I had to learn to drink black coffee Blechhh

This 2 week fast is designed to lose another couple inches on my gut so I can wear the 36s with NO muffin topping. I bought ‘aspirational’ pants and a belt (48") 2 months ago - couldnt button them. Today, 20 days of fasting later, they are loose, and the belt is on the 3rd hole. :+1: I have aspirational pants in 36 and 34. the 36s fit, but are just a smidge snug. I am hoping that on St. Patricks, when I break my fast, I can fit the 34s, and the 36s are loose.

What is amazing and inspiring is that these slacks are cut so differently. My profile looks entirely different wearing them. I can hardly recognize myself. Talk about NSVs!

As I posted earlier, I was 2.4 lbs heavier this morning than yesterday - am I concerned - hardly!

Would be great to hear you on the 2ketodudes

Impressive! :grin:

(Raj Seth) #16

Impressive will be when I can wear 30x30 again - as I did when I graduated High School!

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #17

Hi Tina, Congrats on your weight loss! Have you read The Obesity Code by Jason Fung? I highly recommend it to answer all of your questions. If you decide to do it, please feel free to join Rajseth and me so we can all support each other. Please check back and let me know what you have decided.

(Raj Seth) #18

Well I fell down last night! Had a feast. Restarting the fast this morning, 5 am after my BPC. Fasting clock reset to 0 :open_mouth:
Target now down to 12 days - since I have to stop on Mar 17… life gets in the way of fasting :rofl:

(Raj Seth) #19

I was counting and realized that I have fasted 20 days this year. Not bad. Gotta exercise that fasting muscle. Let’s go day 1 of 12

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #20

That’s too bad. Next time, try to remember that you and I have a pact. :wink:

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #21

Day 7, 187 pounds. Doing OK. I’m kind of tired, so when I get home in an hour, I’ll take some electrolytes.

(Raj Seth) #22

Yes we do. Accountability. That’s why had to fess up. But back on track now!

(Raj Seth) #23

Fabulous. Started this day at 218.2. Am traveling so no weights till 3/8

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #24

Where are you traveling? Where do you live? I live in New Hampshire in the US.

(Wendy Graffam Plunkett) #25

So, today is Day 8 of my “fast.” I kind of feel like I should call it a “fat fast,” because I have heavy cream in my coffee every day. Yesterday I wasn’t feeling well, and I thought that maybe I would have to stop for health, and I didn’t want to stop. I decided to have a bowl of butter and salt. I had about 4 tablespoons of melted butter with salt in it. I got sick to my stomach, which may have been from something else. My little daughter was sick too, so it may have been a virus. Today, I only lost .2 pounds, so I’m still at 187. Today, I figured out that I was severely dehydrated, based on my urine. I have only been this dehydrated once in my life, and, at that time, my health provider wanted to give me an I.V. for it. I talked her into letting me drink a lot, but that’s a story for another day. So, today, I increased my fluids, and I now seem to only be a little dehydrated. I actually felt fine all day (my stomach thing was gone by morning). I was surprised to be dehydrated. Last time I was this dehydrated, I felt terrible.

My main fear is that I will slow down my metabolism, because my body will think that it is on a restricted calorie diet since I am having cream every day. What do people think?

I just want this weight gone, and keto made me feel great, but it wasn’t helping my weight loss.

Dr. Fung has repeatedly stated if you are feeling really bad you need to listen to your body and stop your fast. I am no expert, but what you are describing is not a body that is doing well with the prolonged fast. Take a feast day and then reconsider if you want to restart right away or eat for say 72 hours or even a week and then start another extended fast. Or you might decide a long extended fast is just not right for your body.
Hope today is a better day for you!
Red