Fasting tracker

(Brian Hall) #1

Hi everyone!

I wanted to get your opinion of what the best fasting tracker app would be. I know I could simply watch the clock but I feel like having a tracker helps me succeed and not focus on the fact I’m not eating. The more I think about it I start to feel hunger because mentally, I’m reminding myself how long I’ve gone without food. Also I love data and being able to pull my times and progress would be great!.

So far I’ve tried IF and BodyFast. They both do the job but IF really slows down my phone and BodyFast isn’t very customizable unless you pay for membership.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

(Allie) #2

Vora is the best I’ve found and many others here agree.

(Amanda) #3

I like MyFast. It’s simple, I like the data display better than Vora. Both are free, I believe.

(Brian Hall) #4

Thank you! I’ll give it a try.

(Brian Hall) #5

Thank you!

(Jody) #6

Another vote for MyFast. It is SIMPLE and doesn’t have the extra … fluff … of some of the others. I just wanted a button to start/stop and a times … no news feeds/friends/challenges/pre-defined fasting times.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

So basically, we are talking about the app version of a stopwatch?

(Chris) #8

Stock clock app would have this.

(Brian Hall) #9

The option of storing logs and seeing the data isn’t a function of the stock stop watch app.

(Chris) #10

Quite. You haven’t mentioned what platform though. Android and iOS don’t have 100% overlapping options.

(Brian Hall) #11

For the android platform

(Chris) #12

Fastrac is a decent one, Vora is alright but it seemed extremely buggy to me the first 3 times I installed it. I eventually gave up on it. There’s been a few more added since.

(Jody) #13

ok, fair enough … I made it sound more dumb than it really is :smiley:

You can start a fast retroactively, put a project stop time, enter notes … and yes, you can even enter your weight and view a history of your past fasts. When I described it, I was more meaning that when you start the app, you just need to hit the start and it’s good to go.

I apologize that I mis-represented some of the functionality.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

And I apologize for yanking your chain. And especially for enjoying it. :grin:

(Jody) #15

No harm … no foul. I am on day 4 of my fast … so I most likely got lazy with the answer. lol

(Mike W.) #16

I used to like Zero, but now it only goes up to 24 hours and the first thing that pops up is the “lawyer screen”. Guess I’ll be finding a new one.

(Jane) #17

I use Vora and if you forget to start it when you start your fast then you can edit the start time.

It also has the feature to enter your weight at the end of the fast but I am rarely near my scale when I break my fast so I enter whatever I weigh after refeeding and am home.

Thanks. I’ll also check out Vora. But I thought the kitchen clock was doing a pretty good job. Lol!

(Allie) #19

Vora also times how long it’s been since you stopped fasting which is useful to keep track of eating windows without clock watching.