Fasting to relieve constipation, No bowel movement this morning

(Caters Carrots) #1

So, I have been constipated ever since I was sick 2 weeks ago. I let my microbes multiply after the illness but still no improvement. So I decided to fast for 4 days. I’m on my third day right now and my mom always gets liquid stools at this point. When my constipation isn’t going away, I typically take magnesium oxide, the least absorbed of all magnesium laxatives at bedtime. It usually works within hours and sometimes even causes magnesium induced diarrhea.

On the first day of my fast, I had an incomplete bowel movement, in other words, it felt like some was still in my intestines. Since then, I have had several moments where I feel like I need to have a bowel movement but nothing comes out. And I have had intestinal grumbling throughout my fast. Intestinal grumbling often means diarrhea for me, but I haven’t had any yet. I have been having abdominal cramps the entire time. I have been drinking a lot of water but it all seems to be going into my urine instead of my bowels. Should I take the magnesium now to draw water into my bowels or what? I still feel like I need to have a bowel movement.

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum Caters =). I would suggest to boil water and drink that (like you are making a tea but no tea in it). I find when I am constipated that this can help.

Also, are you consuming enough salt? Especially when I am fasting I have to make sure I am eating a lot of Pink Himalyan salt (that you can put in water to make an electrolyte drink or simply put it in your mouth and swallow a bunch of water (which is what I do. I also take 3 Magnesium Citrate capsules a day -when I do all of these things, it helps to keep me regular on Keto. I hope that perhaps this might help =).

Again, welcome to the forum and be sure to post any additional questions that you might has as well =).