Fasting this week

This weekend was two days of feasting, now onwards with my weekday fasting until a business lunch on Friday,

96.2kg on Monday AM, coffee with butter and then water and salt throughout the day.

(Karen) #2

Rather strange how we’ve gone from everything unless it was nailed down to almost Brethetarian. " What did you eat this weekend?" " Oh, a big scoop of air with a side of water"

K

(Raj Seth) #3

:rofl::rofl:

Of course it should be Breathatarian…

7200 steps this evening.

(ANNE ) #5

I have been Keto eating since mid January this year.
I have just completed a 24 hour “fast”.
I had two coffees with cocoa butter and some 33% cream in them. So I guess this is what is called a fat fast?
Drank some elixir of salts too, as I work in a greenhouse and I was glowing quite a lot! A lot of hot air for this breathatarian to make good use of!
All good, no hunger pangs at all and I would have kept on going but have a dental drilling going on tomorrow and wasn’t convinced that I should have kept on going.
Still all good for my first attempt, I think I will try 36 hours next time… maybe later in the week.
My weight loss has stalled and I need to ring the changes a bit.

95.7kg on Tuesday morning, I did not sleep as my mind was wandering all over the place due to outside influences - time for quiet. Coffee with butter and water with salt.

One difference between last week and this week:

• last week I was taking vitamins as I attempted to fast during the week, I lost almost no weight
  • this week i’m Not taking any vitamins, only coffee with butter and water with salt

Day two and my results are significantly out pacing last week, walking also helps.

95.5kg on Wednesday as I had an unplanned dinner with a friend last night, roasted chicken and nothing else.

Fantasic!

Started at 213.7, but my low a week before that was 210.7. Fast started Sunday at 6pm, it’s currently Wednesday at 6am and I’m 209.2.

I’ve never fasted this long and don’t really know how long I’ll go. I’m in un chartered territory.

(Bonnie Low) #10

I’ve been fasting during the week, too. My husband works out of town and I find it’s much easier when I don’t have to prepare food for anyone else!

(Brian Ernst) #11

I’m not an expert, but I’d keep taking the vitamins and go calorie free. Put the butter aside while fasting if you’re trying to burn fat from body and not from what you’re eating/drinking. I’ve heard you shouldn’t exceed 50 calories during a fast, otherwise you’re not getting the advantages of fasting. Butter is very calorie dense. Personally, I’d avoid any and all calories if taking the fast seriously and don’t need them. If you’re fat adapted you should burn fat eventually from fasting.

For me the weight “melts off” from multi-day fasting. I take a multi-vitamin and magnesium supplement in the morning, lite-salt in water during the day, alternating with black iced coffee, and occasionally suck on a pink sea salt crystal. About to hit 72 hours fasted now! Woot. :smiley:

During my last 72 hour fast a month ago I temporarily lost 6 lbs (of course put a few back on). During this fast I’m almost down that much again.

The challenge with vitamins is that many have hidden carbs, unfortunately we can’t get to the macro breakdown of the vitamins.

Butter is good for you!