Fasting talk

I agree! I was so happy when I found 2KD podcast :grin:
I’ve enjoyed every episode that I’ve listened to and I’m happy that I still have a lot of catching up to do!

(Charndra Pile) #42

I’m listening to the new “Fasting Talk” format right now. It’s the stories from the Fasting book.
I’m interested in seeing, hearing from, rather, people and their stories.
I will miss Megan and Dr Fung. I hope they do begin their own podcast, I actually think that the repetition is important. I’ve listened to the episodes on overeating when feasting, including the 2ketodudes Switching it up with Megan Ramos, many times to REALLY understand what I was doing wrong (fasting, then following my natural satiety, rather than really eating a LOT more on the feasting days.)
Then, the penny dropped. But, it took a number of listenings to recognise, rearrange my thinking, get my head around it, practice it, then see the difference this seemingly obvious tip gives…
I have just completed my first week long fast thanks to the inspiration of these podcasts, and it is wonderful what I have learnt.

(Allan Misner) #43

The interesting thing about podcasts is that not everyone binge listens from episode #1. So, it is common that key points about the topic come up time and again. This is good for new listeners to hear. It is also good for existing listeners to hear because most of us learn from repetition.

After you’ve been doing, living, hearing, reading, studying a topic for more than a year, you are basically an expert. You can learn little tidbits here and there, or a new study comes along, or you finally learn how to pronounce “autophagy,” but you’re done learning. Now it isn’t the content, it is the host(s). Carl and Richard are going to retain listeners because they’re solid, good people who want to help others. The same can be said of Dr. Fung, Megan, and Jimmy. They will lose listeners if the personality, format, etc. overplays the value of the host’s contribution.

Last I heard, Jimmy is going to add fasting discussions to his Keto Talk podcast with Dr. Nally. Dr. Fung and Megan are going to relaunch with a company branded podcast in the Summer. Either way, producing a podcast is not easy or cheap. Rather the hosts try to make money or not, you should know that a lot of effort, time and cost go into the making of each episode. We should be glad when podcasters don’t drop the mic and walk when they’ve “finished the topic.” Those that stick (and yes, repeat their message) are looking to touch many people. That is a commendable thing.

(MakinBacon) #44

I was wondering what was going on when I started listening to today’s episode of Fasting Talk. I do not like the new format and will not be listening anymore. I never really liked Jimmy. He interrupts too much and doesn’t add to the conversation. I will follow wherever Jason and Megan go. I will probably still listen to Keto Talk just because Dr Nally is such a wealth of information, but I honestly wish he would just go off and do his own podcast, or join with someone else. Not trying to be mean, but Jimmy’s podcasting style just doesn’t work for me. The way the dudes do it is perfect, IMO.

(Karen Parrott) #45

Ugh. So much fussing.

I’m all for bloggers , podcasts, and doctors who get results themselves and with their clients. Need more critical thinking, self experiments and to change up

If this incident leads to better resources , I’m all for it.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #46

Jimmy Moore handles criticism from individuals deftly in his FB group, it’s unfortunate this podcast relationship unraveled in public. I’m not annoyed by Jimmy’s style, I am flexible and learn from and respect many styles, including Jimmy’s occasional goofiness, Dr. Fung repetition and rants within an episode, etc.
Jimmy knows his shit, he could not engage in the podcast conversations if he didn’t. He brings more to the podcasts than goofiness and I’m okay with the goofiness. I speculate Doc Nally doesn’t just tolerate Jimmy’s style as is suggested in earlier comments, I sense real respect.
I enjoy the KetogenicForums for the level of science discussion; however if we’re committed to spreading sound nutritional information we need to understand that the average Jane/Joe may likely want information from podcasts, programs, and discussions like Jimmy’s and not science runs down the rabbit hole with @richard… don’t get me wrong, I luv the 2KetoDudes and the science rabbit hole. Most of my friends that are exploring a ketogenic WOE do not like the KetogenicForums and some of the 2KetoDudes podcasts are not their cup of tea. Keep your mind open so you have a full toolbox of resources when friends and family seek your input.
Jimmy and Dr. Fung are no strangers to controversy, both have stirred many pots. Jimmy publicly apologized, and I hope all go forward spreading the ketogenic lifestyle.
As far as commercials go, if you’re frustrated with them then donate more!

I don’t usually listen to health podcasts because I’m looking for a laugh or a distracting music interruption. Some of this stuff is life or death for a lot of people so I can see how people get annoyed. Personally, I like Jimmy in every aspect except the cornball jokes. Question, is anyone offended when his guests say “hell”? To the point where he has to go on and on about “potty mouths” like we are toddlers?

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and health podcasts and I gotta say Two Keto Dudes is what I look forward to the most.

(ianrobo) #48

JM has just announced the launch of his new Fasting Talk podcast

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVrsKBglmtZ/

(Charndra Pile) #49

Oh, is that the problem, people saying ‘hell’? Ahh! I was wondering why he was so twitchy about certain words, LOL. Who cares, obviously the Canadians are a bit more like Australians with language, certain words just are not considered that rude.
I’m not interested in the first guest, too much religion for me, gagh. I deleted it. Hopefully it won’t be a trend, I know Jimmy is religious.

(ketohealthclub) #50

Fung does repeat himself and takes absolutely forever to make a single point. Jimmy is disrespectful with his interruptions and silliness, which kept me from enjoying the fasting podcast. But the info presented is awesome, and is what i’ll miss.

Point made earlier. Can we focus on the energy and enthusiasm?

If not, please don’t pile on. I wouldn’t have found 2KD or this forum, if I hadn’t started with livinlavidalowcarb ages ago.

–J from mobile

(Flowgo) #53

I am still listening to old episodes at work as I am really trying to block fast and I need to wrap my head around it… But I can see why they split up. I like Jimmy he but holy COW he is has moments he is sooooo annoying!!! it is awkward and Megan doesn’t help she fake laughs at all his jokes and Dr fung is not that great at talking as he repeat rants, but EXCELLENT WRITER, LOVED THE BOOK. They just all have poorly matching personalities. no chemistry, didnt work but the key message is awesome!