Fasting for those with no health issues and at goal weight

(Jaidann) #1

Hey guys - I am curious about fasting for health benefits such as autophagy and in general cleaning up of the horrific things I’ve put my body through over the years. Also to target visceral fat that I’m pretty darned sure is still there. I’m particularly interested in 3 day fasts as they would work really well with my work week up to 5 days maximum.

I’m finding it difficult to get information on how to do this when someone is already at goal weight. I know I need to feast but what I don’t know is if I have to eat fat during my fast? If I do, how does that affect autophagy? I do still have fat TRUST me lol. Especially like right under my rib cage. I know Richard made a calculator on why his friend couldn’t fast and I played with it but I really have no idea of my correct lean body mass. I’m just guessing when I use that.

So any insight would be helpful. I’m not even sure I can do this because I’m a food hound but I’d sure like to try but want to be safe about it.

Thanks!!

I’ve mentioned Dr. Valter Longo a number of times in different places on the forum and his Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD) for autophagy, cancer, etc.

You can find him on YouTube and a regular Internet search, but his basic premise is that fasting in general is too hard for most people, or they just don’t need to lose weight, so in order to make the benefits of fasting available to anyone, he developed his FMD protocol.

I’ve seen where people have reverse-engineered his FMD from his patent and concluded that it corresponds to the macronutrients in eating a typical Hass Avocado in the morning and one in the evening which is about 500 calories with minimal protein, carbs from mostly fiber and a lot of fat.

(Jaidann) #3

@BillJay Thank you! I appreciate you responding. I think I have seen you post this before but I was not really understanding. Now I think I get what you are saying! I’m going to watch these after dinner and start digging in with Google.

(Anna Hermsdorfer) #4

Ooh, I like the idea of an avocado fast!