Fasting and truly HANGRY...why?

(a6d08ffd2d46e10e9044) #1

On hour 37, was hungry all day yesterday but was hoping this second day would be better. I’m still physically starving. Ideas? Advice?

(Nicole Sawchuk) #2

Are you new to fasting? If you are - than you are still building up your fasting muscle and your body just isn’t used to it. I remember when I first started EF fasting, the hunger was insane for the first few days!

Do you still have a lot of weight to lose or are you lean? Now that I am lean, I cannot seem to get past 24 hours in fasting. I get hungry - I wouldn’t say hangry but my body wants food and I haven’t been able to go longer. So I had been listening to my body and just breaking my fast.

Bone broth may help you fight through that hump if you aren’t aiming for autophagy.

(a6d08ffd2d46e10e9044) #3

Fairly new to it. 20-25 pounds to go. I just hear people saying they’re not hungry and couldn’t imagine what I’m doing wrong. Maybe I just need to keep “practicing”. Thank you for your answer.

(Stan Brooks) #4

Eat something.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #5

I have never lost the hungry signal but I have learned what is real hunger and what isn’t. If it doesn’t impact my mood and I still have energy, I push through it. 36 hours is good. Eat and try again later. Just remember to properly refuel your body.

(a6d08ffd2d46e10e9044) #6

Thank you

(Jeff Davis) #7

This.

(Allie) #8

Fasting shouldn’t be forced. If you feel bad, eat and try again when you feel better.

(What The Fast?!) #9

FWIW, I’m usually hungry on a fast. Each fast is a little different, but salt helps and also, oddly, moving your body seems to help.

(Troy) #10

This is why I like to mix it up now
My body reacts differently so I like to keep it guessing lol

I’ll try OMAD, IF, and vary my eating window

Yesterday, after about a 23 hour IF, I ate within a 2 hour ( approx 2000 cal ) window ONLY
right after …I was still kinda hungry. I just stopped eating though

Today, after an IF for about 28 hours I ate just a OMAD ( about 1500 Cal )
Plus I ate slighter later than normal as well.
I’m so freaking full!

(Allie) #11

@Tmdlkwd this is what I do too, never stick to a routine as I like to keep my body guessing.

(Alan Williamson) #12

Before going a full day fasting, I ease into it. On prior days, I eat mostly fats, and do OMAD. On the fasting days, I am really in fat burning mode. It makes things easier for me.

(Allie) #13

Surely anyone already adapted to a ketogenic lifestyle will already be in fat burning mode?

I feast on days before fasts, keeping it keto of course.