Fasting and Autophagy and it's impact on Heart / Lung health

(Tom Seest) #1

As many here know, I’m attempting to use the mechanisms of fasting and authophagy to repair the damage to my heart and lungs which lead to my Atrial Fribrillation. This article, which is not light reading, does an excellent job of giving an overview of how autophagy effects the cardio pulmonary system:

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/73943/version/1/pdf/render

(Charles Dobbs) #2

Great article, thanks. As you said, it isn’t light reading. I’m a cardiac anesthesiologist with an undergraduate degree in biochemistry and still it was a bit of a chore!

Yep, a bit of a chore, but worth it. Fascinating article. Brought up some great questions.
Not happy with the ,”Recent studies reveal that this process is druggable, such that it could be manipulated for therapeutic gain.” insight. Seems a call to all the pharmaceutical companies as a source of profit. Would rather have future researchers look into more natural methods, such as the effect of fasting, specific to the cardio vascular system, but that probably won’t fund future research.
Once again, great article.
Thanks.

(Brian) #4

I skimmed through but would be curious if any of you guys that have plodded through it would offer your thoughts on what they were ultimately saying.

There are an awful lot of people out there suffering with a-fib and heart issues.

Excellent introduction.

Thanks for posting.

I think there is value in the concepts of fasting for 2 or 3 days a week, Keto makes that very easy to obtain.