Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #21

Sooo reaching 26 h soon. feeling fine. drinking green tea to keep me warm.

my week is so stuffed with plans, doing it all fasted would be super helpful.

(MelissaH) #22

@bej10 mentioned today -Thurs… I’ll give it my best shot! I have no appetite so that’s a plus.

(MelissaH) #23

Being busy certainly helps pass the time @Hardrock_keto_chick your a champ at fasting!

Hmm… I was originally planning just today (I usually fast on Mondays) but I’m looking at my book and realizing that I have work events tomorrow and Weds nights so I might actually be able to swing a longer fast. I have an EF planned later in the month but it might be fine to add one now as well. I’ll see how I’m feeling tomorrow.
In any case, will be working out soon then working, and I’ll check in with you guys on my next break this afternoon.
Happy fasting!!!

(MelissaH) #25

Have a great day everyone!! I’ll check in this afternoon as well

(Beth) #26

That sounds great. I plan on leveraging the fasting energy to get caught up on some work. I’m also planning on light exercise and a workout with weights on Wed when the HGH is peaking. I’ll check in later today to see how everyone is doing! KCKO

(Ellie) #27

Hi Beth,

I have just started a fast today too.
I’m definitely going for 48 hours, but I want to extend to 3 days if I feel ok.
I ate last night but only coffee and water now for the fast.
I am in the UK.
Can I be your fasting buddy too?? :hugs:

(Beth) #28

Hi Ellie,

Absolutely - looks like we have a strong and motivated group for our fast! I ate last night as well. That puts me about 12 hours in (we had a late meal).

I think I’m going to try for three or four days depending on how I feel. I’ve never fasted for longer than three, but the last time I fasted, I ended the fast when I wasn’t even hungry, so I can probably make 4 days. It’s been over a year since I did an EF, it’s about time!

(MelissaH) #29

We ate late also so I’m at 13 hours… I’d like to make it to Wed at least. We can do it!
Welcome Ellie😅

(Ellie) #30

I’ve done an 85 hour fast before, and a 60, but I don’t do those often. This is a longer than average fast for me.
I am currently at 214.8 lbs (6ft1) and I really want to get below 210…I know I can’t really control that and some will come back after the fast, but it would be nice to see that number anyway, so I have my fingers crossed!

(shawn) #31

I’m in! Great timing! I usually miss the Zorn fasts, because my husband gets worried when I fast, so I do it when he’s out of town. He’s a pilot, so that makes it easy. I started last night and am going until Thursday night.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #32

I just don’t like to participate in zorn fasts because they include the weekend.
I prefere to fast all week and enjoy social contacts with no worries and awkwardness on weekends.

(shawn) #33

Agreed. It is way easier when I’m busy with work. Distraction is everything.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #34

So how are you keeping busy after work this week?
Mon: Driving lesson, probably a date.
Tue: GroupFitness lesson, Digitalizing my video library (I want to get rid of almost all my dvds)
Wed: Driving with my dad, karaoke,
Thu: Zumba, maybe a second fitness class or date, organizing my scanned drawings…
Fri: no Idea yet…

(Beth) #35

Mon: Girl’s Inc. event planning meeting followed by a BOD meeting (this is going to be harder because they serve food, but many people don’t eat and I’ll just be one of them).
Tue: Bike ride with my husband. It’ll be interesting doing this fasted. I’m just going to have to try and keep the pace moderate.
Wed: Massage! And maybe I’ll work afterward and get caught up
Thur: TBD

I might not be matching up directly on your fasting timeline, but started a five day fast yesterday morning (9:00am pacific), so I’m coming up on 24 hrs and am with you! Good luck!

This will be my 4th five day fast over the past 22 months, and have completed one 10 day fast prior. Love it!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #37

I actually find that when I exercise fasted I am a bit slower at the beginning, and about 20 -30 minutes in i get this crazy surge of energy and then never really want to stop (when people in class start to get really winded and start staring at me funny :joy::joy:) … my theory is that is pretty much when my body switches from stored glycogen to ketones :thinking:

so keep us postet how your biking goes… :hugs:

Good luck everybody on this fast! For everybody doing this three day fast, the exciting thing I find is that once you ‘get’ to the third day, the body has generally stopped producing ghrelin, the hunger waves go away, and you’re more on cruise control…making a fourth or fifth day much easier!

oh great!! I’ve just come across this thread and coincidentally started a fast today!! room for a little one?? :slight_smile:

(Beth) #40

Absolutely! Welcome.