Fast today while traveling

I’m shooting for a 36 hour fast today as I am traveling for work. I find airports and airplanes to be rife with danger for my WOE as I tend to get stressed and bored and sometimes eat my feelings :blush: On the way to my current destination we had a tarmac delay of 2 hours and 45 minutes before the 5 hour flight even got going and I didn’t handle it as I wish I had food wise. That being said I dusted myself off and got right back to business upon arrival. Hoping to do better on the way back so I am posting here for some accountability and support. Thanks to everyone here for the inspiration and support. I will be reading any threads I’ve missed as a healthier way to combat boredom once I get traveling later today!

Update: I am home but I stopped fasting and ate a Keto
Dinner last night. I felt fine but gave into the desire to eat (social/emotional desire not hunger). 24 hours not 36 but I avoided the airport and airplane troubles of my first trip.

(What The Fast?!) #3

I’m on a business trip right now as well and it’s definitely much easier when fasting!

I finished dinner last night around 8pm and had an 11AM flight today (cross country). I’ve been feeling like a giant marshmallow the last few days so I figured it was as good a time as any to fast. I had coffee with a tsp of MCT oil this morning, and a coffee with a small serving of half/half at airport/on plane. It’s about 21 hours into the fast now, I’ll likely wait until after my morning meetings to break the fast tomorrow (as long I have good mental clarity - I don’t want to show up in the client’s office all foggy-headed). It’s been really nice to not be on the lookout for food in the airport or trying to find keto friendly snacks on the plane. I actually worked for the entire 5 hour flight and it was SUPER productive! :smiley:

I have lunch and dinner meetings the next two days, but I feel confident that staying keto won’t be an issue.