Fallen can’t get up

(Anthony Guarino) #1

So I have failed I had a great week or two was feeling AWESOME but then I moved and during that time fell back on junk… and it’s not very supportive

(Randy) #2

No big deal man!!! Fill your new place with good keto food and get back to business!!!
Keto is a long term health plan, not short term gains and losses.

Get back on your horse and ride! :smile:

(Bella) #3

Hi Lionhar6,
Just like you I felt like a total failure the past couple of days and I also noticed that the people around me that should be encouraging me, sabotaged me. OKAY - i could have said NO when my daughter bought me the cake, and I could have avoided buying the gin after the job interview… the list of blame and excuses is long.
Bottom line is even with IF/keto we still need old fashioned will power, but just the one line encouragements from people on this site, has stoped me feeling sorry for myself and it is as simple as just getting back on the horse.

(Randy) #4

It gets easier over time. Don’t be afraid to tell people “Thanks, but I can’t eat that”. Cake doesn’t even look like food to me anymore. I feel bad for folks eating high sugar/carb foods, not jealous. But it is a process.

Good luck on your journey. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #5

I soothe with food and am a stress eater. I feel your pain. Are there things you like more than food? Cake still looks good AND tastes good to me, but it’s a slippery slope. I fight for every pound. The health benefits are great, but I want the better weight. I like a chat with friends more than food. Money isnt incentive, clothes aren’t much, compliments a bit. Being busy helps to not focus on food, because I still want cheetos. :yum:

K

(Anthony Guarino) #6

This is my issue as well lol.

(Anthony Guarino) #7

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement. I’m starting a punishment fast… I mean a purge fast to get my glucose back down then break fast with fat and try to ride the bucking bronco that is keto

(karen) #8

KCKO.

I know this sounds like some annoying AA slogan at first, but the longer I do this, the more I see the wisdom, Especially the first part! Keep Calm. This isn’t the end of the world, you’re going to be eating keto goodness for the rest of your life. :yum:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Don’t talk that way, even in jest. You don’t deserve to be punished, and I don’t want to hear you doing that to yourself ever again, okay?

I’m serious about this. One of the best things someone ever did for me was to require me to find a positive way to express every thought. He challenged every negative phrase he heard me utter, until it became second nature to find a more upbeat way to express myself. It did wonders for my outlook on life. Be gentle with yourself, and keto on.

(Alec) #11

You know, this is just a chance for a new start. Same as the new start that loads of new keto folks have every day. But you know how to do this, right? And you also know that it’s important to do it.