Facelift Friday, New Work ID

(Misty Torrey) #1

I have been feeling pretty down bc our fertility journey has ended in our 7th loss. It was fertility that put me on this journey. Then add in that the scale has been barely moving for months and last month’s net change was a gain, even though I never cheat. I am keeping calm and ketoing on, but man I would love to reach my next goal which is 13 or lbs away.

Anyway, I was feeling bummed and a bit discouraged when my new photo ID for work arrived. I pulled out my first ID and was shocked by how puffy and fat my face was. That wasn’t even my highest weight. So, happy facelift Friday. Things may not be where I want them, but I am better off now healthwise.

You look great, Misty! :+1:

Lucky you, I’m still stuck with my old driver’s license until 2021.

I may have to “lose” it so I’ll have to apply for a new one. :wink:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

Wow! :sparkling_heart:

(Jane) #4

You look so much healthier!

And I am so sorry for your losses… it is heartbreaking. The reason my sons are 10 years apart is it took 8 years to get the youngest one here. And lots of medical intervention, lots of $$$$ and many tears. I had him at age 35 and I had given myself that as my deadline to give up.

I hope you are successful soon.

(Michelle) #5

You look beautiful. I’m so sorry for your losses. 4 of my 7 pregnancies ended too soon. The last one at 22 weeks. The heartbreak is indescribable and you have my prayers. Also it looks like you work in a school. Thank you for all you do. Teachers are so under appreciated.

You look awesome! I’m sorry for the hardship you have suffered.

(Running from stupidity) #7

Vaguely related - my wife is a speechie.

Pardon my pun but in your photo you look glowing despite your misfortunes. My wife and I struggled mightily before our first two daughters came around, then were surprised with No. 3 some nine years later. Don’t give up yet. You look so young.

(Misty Torrey) #9

Thank you, friends!!

I am 41 almost 42 so for fertility time is not my friend. I am at peace with it.

It was my reproductive endocrinologist that told me about keto. So even if I didn’t get my rainbow baby, I am 70 lbs down and my health is better. I am off bp meds.

I am walking into life a new and feeling so much better.

(Misty Torrey) #10

I do feel a bit bummed today though. I track my weight just about daily, but only “count” Monday. I also calculate my net change each month from the first day of the month to the last.

Aug’s change was 4 lbs
Sep’s change was 6 lbs
Oct’s change was a 1 lb gain!
So far in November I am at a 2.5 lb gain. I suppose it could be the change in meds. I can all but see onederland but I just can’t get there. I am going to track better this week. Friends are telling me to cheat or to “carb up”. Others are saying I need to cut out my heavy whipping cream. I don’t know what to tweak. So I am going to start with tracking.

(Running from stupidity) #11

Smart.

(Jane) #12

Tracking is a good way to start - you could be having “carb creep” keeping it in your head and being second nature and all… and just eating more than you realize. Or the meds.

But with tracking you can post here and ask for advice on what to tweak to break your stall.

(Running from stupidity) #13

Yep, without data it’s all just guesswork.

“I don’t track but I’m good with guesstimating but what should I change?” Well, none us could have any idea, because we have no baseline.

(Alijim) #14

You are looking great!
I’m sorry about your losses and wish for you that sweet blessing when it happens.
We’ve been trying as well. We had one pregnancy and it ended quickly after we found out. We haven’t had any luck since. I have PCOS though. It’s what brought us to keto too.

(Misty Torrey) #15

I hope it goes well for you!!!

(Misty Torrey) #16

Yep that is the plan. I was tracking well for awhile and then stopped. So back to square one, bc you are totally right, without data there is nothing to go by. I can post here as I track and gather data. Perhaps then y’all will have some insight, or maybe just with tracking the scale will move bc I won’t be guesstimating any more!

(Running from stupidity) #17

It certainly makes you think more about what you stuff into the face hole :slight_smile:

(Misty Torrey) #18

I posted this on my other thread too…

I just finished work and I have a bit of time until my kid is done with basketball so I did some review of my last month or so. In that time I only tracked 13 days, so not a full set of data. Here is what I found:
Averages for 13 days
Calories: 1653
Protein: 84
Carbs: 15
Fiber: 1.3
Fat: 136

One of those days we went to Texas De Brazil so fat and protein were very high that day.

My highest calories were 3057 and lowest was 989. I fasted 48 hours from 10/24-10/26 so technically my lowest was 0.

Protein-my highest was 182 and my lowest was 46.

Carbs-highest was 28 total (27 net) and my lowest was 5.

Fat-highest was 276! And lowest was 77.

I am curious what consistent tracking will yield.

(Misty Torrey) #19

Today’s macros:
Protein: 77g/56g 22%
Carbs: 19g/20g 5%
Fat: 113g/133g 73%

1431 calories/1500

No sugar substitutes. 2 meals plus 2 cups of coffee. I had 4 eggs and 1.5 cups of keto Spanish “rice,” a recipe I made up, for dinner and I do not feel satisfied. In fact, I feel hollow and hungry.

(Running from stupidity) #20

I’m going to go WAY out on a limb here and suggest eating more.