Facelift Friday, New Work ID

(Misty Torrey) #21

Normally I would have. But, looking at my macros and what I have in the house, I went to bed at 6:30. I might have eaten another egg, but I was out. Bed sounded good anyway. I am perpetually tired these last 3 months. The only reason I stay up until 9 or later is if I have to pick my older kids up from class or games. Otherwise, I am often in bed and sound asleep from 7pm-5am when my alarm goes off. If I don’t have an alarm I would sleep until 9 at least.

So sorry for your loss … it took us five years to have our first and although I’d love another one I’m now 42 and done I think …
Congrats on how great you look and would love that Spanish keto rice recipe :blush:

You do look lovely in your new photo :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry for your losses also. It is so brave of you to make your journey known here! I hope you don’t give up. Keto is absolutely the best diet for fertility. I’ve had 10 losses (one was just last month - I am 49 and didn’t expect to conceive). I have a healthy baby girl who has just turned 3, conceived naturally with the help of keto, supplements and refusing to be affected by negative attitudes. YOU can do this. D x

(Misty Torrey) #24

Thank you! That gives me hope. I am sorry for your losses, as well.

I know for sure we are done with doctors and meds. Unless someone donates us embryos (we are on a couple lists) no more medical intervention. Of my 9 total pregnancies 7 were naturally conceived. The two that were under medication were both chemicals. My two living children (born in my 20s), my baby girl that died at birth and my daughter I carried for 18 weeks were natural. Both of my late losses were cord accidents. My first the cord prolapsed at 37 weeks and the second hyper coiled. Genetically they were fine. But, in 3 years I have poked and prodded and watched empty ultrasounds over and over and I am done.

I have come to peace with it. Right now I want to focus on getting healthy mentally, emotionally and physically. I love knowing there is hope though!!

I think your decision to forgo doctors and meds is wise. We made the same decision after 3 rounds of IVF that were supposed to ‘remove the age related risk of miscarriage’ with a doctor who told us we had ‘less than 1% chance of success’ (but was happy to take our money) and ‘zero chance naturally’. Two weeks later we conceived and had a trouble free pregnancy. All the stats and percentages and standard protocols cannot possibly apply to every woman/couple. Part of becoming a mother has been, for me, learning to be the authority on my own life and health - including what is and isn’t possible.

My fertility research brought me to ‘biohacking’ - I discovered that every supplement that is good for the brain/neuroprotective is good for your fertility also. I have a huge long list of things I took to get pregnant with my 3 year old - have just started taking them again recently (hence the surprise pregnancy I guess). Expensive but not as expensive as medical treatment. If you are interested I’m happy to share. xx

(Misty Torrey) #26

I would very much welcome ideas!! I currently take LDN (prescription), synthroid (prescription), CoQ10, Vitamon D3, Omega 3 (I don’t eat fish), prenatals, DHEA and low dose asprin.

I am so sorry you went through all that! We stopped at IUI. IVF is too expensive when my oldest is 3 years from college.

Yes, IVF was super expensive but DH wasn’t keen for me to keep going through miscarriages.

My supplement stack - some of these are antioxidants and some are mitochondrial boosters:

• Ubiquinol 600 mg daily
  • Acetyl l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid 1500 mg daily
  • Nicotinamide riboside 500 mg daily
  • PQQ 40 mg daily
  • Pterostilbene 100 mg daily
  • N-acetyl cysteine 600 mg daily
  • Oxaloacetic acid 100 mg daily
  • Shilajit 500 mg daily
  • Wild Alaskan Salmon oil 1000mg daily
  • Supergreens tablets (blend of spirulina, wheat grass, chlorella) x6 daily
  • Raw wholefood prenatal
  • Pregnenelone 50mg in luteal phase only (I swapped this for DHEA as I felt more confident my body would make what it needed).
  • Low dose aspirin 81 mg

This is what I landed on after months of trial and error. Also of note is that during IVF I was prescribed HGH and later discovered that it is more effective on early phases of oocyte maturation - so it likely helped during the cycle I conceived our 3 year old.

(Misty Torrey) #28

Thank you! I will start looking into these. I greatly appreciate the advice!

There was a study on ageing done by Australian doctor David Sinclair using nicotinamide ribose which resulted in the accidental discovery that the supplement has the effect of reversing age related infertility. http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/4485468.htm (the bit that shows the effects of NR on meiotic spindles/DNA is at about 7 minutes).

All of the supps I take as ‘mitochondrial boosters’ are either to raise NAD+ levels in the cell or to activate Sirtuins or AMPK. These are the main mechanisms for stopping aging in the brain and body. Sorry to get all nerdy on you but I always find it easier to pay for and swallow supplements if I have some knowledge of what they do. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Check out Dr. Edward Group’s podcast on detox. He recommends a total body cleanse…in 9 steps…for preparing the body for pregnancies. Go to Global Healing Center…Dr. Group.
Best of luck