FAB VID! Why people fail

no kidding I like her so much in that she ‘gets it’…gets zero carb point blank from this video.

why people fail? they come in for fast weight loss. nope. Old diet baggage, give it to me right now mentality. Won’t happen many times in life as we all know. Yes some can obviously experience this but zero carb will never be a ‘weight loss’ diet as standardized thru social life in that it is not a friggin’ diet in those terms ever. It is a heal the body, THEN our true healthy natural body will form from that. You will be at your natural low weight after the body heals. The internal healing SHOULD be more important than the number on the scale, but for many the scale rules the life.

Malnourished…oh heck yea, most of us are on this planet now. ugh

Complicated…….we come into zero carb with ‘OLD baggage’ and feel we can ‘track’ and ‘change thru this tracking’ and we can’t in truth. We don’t know squat when it comes to what our bodies are truly doing and changes that require ‘internally’ and ‘required individually’ for us. Oh yes we know science facts that apply to all but geez if we think we know all the truth internally for each of us, not a darn clue point blank actually. Don’t pretend anyone truly does know oneself to a cellular level and hormone interaction and more. Zero carb eating takes us back to natural reset but time is required. Takes us to where we can find a reset point of health. That is why carnivores eat and listen to their body and eat as it asks at all times. So simple yet so many can’t get there.

Time. Detox. IT TAKES time. Time is what many will never allow and give for the changes to happen. Instant gratification doesn’t magically appear for most going zero carb overnight but you hold thru detox, you hold in ‘keep the faith’ of this eating lifestyle and benefits come to all in their own personal time.

Protein…can you eat too much? NO you can’t. In the ‘text of protein overload’ and all that stupid mess. Zero carb does not ever track any protein intake amts etc. Give it up!!! Old diet baggage, throw it to the curb.

(will there be exception as in ANYONE with true medical diagnosed health problems/genetics/or more from qualified healthcare professionals, that one can not apply ALL of the above…of course. Yes. More rare than common. Your true medical history does play an important part of ALL in life, not just adopting an eating style plan change. AGAIN…more rare but each of us must know us! )

Cravings. Head games. Yes they happen for all. Stop denying, excusing, pretending that a plan YOU chosen to work for your health is ‘not that great’ and fails you cause you wimp out and won’t put in some effort to change as you truly want. Excuses. Darn hard to get thru for many, darn right it is!! it is all cause ya wanna eat all that crap from before. We mourn the loss of our old foods. The plan works but our heads, oh boy our brains and physical withdrawals can work SO against us. Learn and make the changes you want to be the changes one wants and hold on strong for this wonderful ride!! No one can do it for you ever. If you desire it, better health, give it time and put in the effort. What comes easy in life? Not a lot mosty for a lot of us :slight_smile: We all been there and we all know this to be true. :slight_smile:

Failure, others in our ears. Do this, don’t do that, how could you eat like that, I am ticked we can’t eat out at our fav ice cream palor and more. Others in our ears can truly take from our life. A compromise for others? Our health and what we want deep down? At what point do we put us and our wants first in what food goes into our mouths for heath? Wake up and take control. Hard to walk thru and bob and weave thru as we all have loving people in our lives we ‘hate to dispel in our personal nutrition and direction’ but darned if you should not do just that! (personal blurb on that one LOL) Find you and be firm, our loving partners WILL then accept us for being us as we need in our lives. I had to do it and ‘others adapted’, who new they could adapt but they did and lived HA

OK I ranted out some stuff as I am known to do :thinking:

but everyone chime in…what else do people do to literally set up failure on zero carb? There is a lot of reasons but ALL can be handled and corrected simply with some suggestions on how to put it right, a tiny bit of advice to hang onto and put people into a more comfortable zone of heading into zero carb eating and feeling they are going to make it thru longer term and get great benefits for their efforts?

Jump in all :scream_cat:

Hear the voice of zero carb out there world :face_with_monocle:
Facts are here that can help and change us as anyone wanting to head into zero carb can grab onto and learn!! Am I personally passionate on this eating lifestyle, darn right I am and I won’t ever not say how I feel about it. No one can stop a carnivore when it comes after you, eventually the weaker prey lays down ya know and gets eaten as in the natural food chain of life… HAHA

Carnivore quest - should I jump in this pond?
(Karen) #2

You’ve got some valid points. I was going to do a carnivore January but it fell apart. It’s a little difficult for me to digest too much protein, and I don’t feel good but that might be part of the detox

But why do you eat too much protein? Can’t you eat a bit fattier if high protein definitely isn’t your thing, at least temporarily?

About failure… I am sure we should be ready for drastic changes. I never could even decide to try a single carnivore day before (the thought never even crossed my mind until I came to this forum not very long ago), I had to wait until I didn’t want my beloved vegetables in big amounts (but I already practiced to keep the amount low enough for keto. it was a long process). It was the same with OMAD, until I got hungry at dinnertime, I didn’t try to skip it.
I guess people with a bigger motivation or different attitude may force things a bit but some of us just can’t and don’t want to do that. Coming from some totally different diet probably makes things way harder - except if we actually like the food very much and aren’t very attached to plants and our mind and body are in agreement about it. It probably helps if someone is used to eating meat but it can be very exciting otherwise… Yep, main thing if we are fine with the food, get the variety if we need that… And the responses of our body have a big effect on things, obviously. So, it’s complex, obviously.

(Norm Murphy) #4

Wow!!! Awesome post. I think I’ll print it out and “stick it on the frigerator door”. Thanks for those words George Strait.

Thanks for the video, @Fangs. As I mentioned in a different thread, a longtime friend who lives with us just had a stroke. I was with her at the hospital and almost daily at the rehab place. They kept handing out gobs of info on how evil and damaging meat and animal fats are. According to the prevailing info I was told, too much meat and animal fats most likely gave her her stroke. Problem is, she ate almost no meat and animal fats. She loved her “healthy” carbs and she ate them. But oh boy! All that medical info screaming at me that I’m killing myself by eating this way…sheesh! It was so nice to be able to come on here and see the posts and videos saying otherwise. So I would also add all the bogus medical info out there as a possible reason folks fail. They have some well-meaning friend or doc bombarding them with frightening info that may scare them into giving up.

(Elizabeth ) #6

Too much protein is a myth, your body will waste it if it doesn’t want it.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #7

For me, the biggest takeaway with carnivore WOE is " elimination " …

You get down to a few basic stuffs that are providing superior nutrition. ( Debatable by some … )

You continue until you realize the positive changes that are taking place, and all of the symptoms you no longer have.

Then, if you want to re-introduce some single ingredient plant based foods, you will have no doubt about what your body doesn’t tolerate well.

For now, I am enjoying what I eat and how I feel, and am not really tempted to see if I can make myself sick…:grin:

@OldDog Well said, my friend! :smile: I have no desire to try to reintroduce the foods that got me in the poor shape I was in in the first place. Why go back to poison or as you put it, why see if I can make myself sick again? :cut_of_meat:

(Karen) #9

Maybe I should say I have trouble digesting more than 3 ounces of protein, unless it’s fish, or shellfish.

(Elizabeth ) #10

Okay so I’m curious now, this is a carnivore thread and we eat pound and a half to as much as three or four pounds of meat a day. From your comment I assume that you are not carnivore?

(Karen) #11

Trying to stay moderate protein. I’m quite a bit older and don’t have quite enough stomach acid to do a lot of meat at one sitting. I would like to try carnivore since leveraging proteins can really help with weight loss, but I have a hard time digesting too much meat at one time. Hcl helps.

(Elizabeth ) #12

I’m 63 and my gallbladder was taken out when I was 17. You can slowly increase your intake and build up to it your liver will produce more bile if you put the demand on it. I see people on a daily basis in the carnival groups on Facebook that have never eaten more than 8 oz of me today train their body to eat several pounds over a period of months. But again I don’t understand why you’re in a carnivore thread? Scratching my head :slight_smile:

It is truly a ‘true change and healing’ time on zero carb.

If one has trouble digesting meat (or think this is the ‘real problem’ when in fact it might not be ‘meat’ as the culprit, as in you react to eating that meat, but meat is not the pre-cursor to this whole trouble.) as in eating meat and seafood carnivore style might actually heal the internal gut making meat digestion way easier.

as E says, over time. Time is super required on carnivore. It is not a fix all overnight and never will be. Time to work on yourself and work thru obstacles we personally face and truly heal the body to change how our body digests, uses energy and more. Hormone inbalances are corrected. Gut troubles heal. But this ALL with being zero carb on plan all the time, and allowing real time, long time for some for those process to kick in and do right by ya. Only way that can go down and earn any carnivore benefits/healing is to walk the walk as so many have.

Not lecturing on it at all and some might see it like that but it is the hardcore truth about zero carb eating. Carnivore takes time and commitment and want to be on this plan and stay put faithfully to see if you are one who can get the great benefits. But only time shows this for anyone. So this is a true, it is what it is eating lifestyle. Nothing can change that for any of us. It is a cold hard fact of this plan. We must commit 1000% zero carb eating and lock in whatever time it takes for great changes to happen to us personally. There isn’t a magic timeline on this plan and there never will be. One reason I love zero carb. So extremely personal of a plan to be a healthy you, but every person has their own personal timeline for this to happen and some get thru it easily and fast great results, others come in more damaged physically and must fight a longer battle to regain health…so…again, it boils down to a true----it is what it is for you—and it is hard to accept that and many can’t so they dump the plan and blame the plan when the plan would work if time was permitted but they can’t do it, won’t do it, feel the plan failed them and at that point everyone just adopts back to whatever eating they want. One either commits and goes all in with carnivore or they backtrack out. Personal call always on all that of course :wink:

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #14

How does ’ hard time digesting ’ manifest itself ?

In the past, when I was combining carbs and meat, I would get indigestion and acid reflux.
Doesn’t happen anymore with just meat.

Yes, very true what OldDog said thru this and what meds might you be on for any other troubles in life? Are you a supplement sucker literally, like my MIL is nearing 80 and big diabetic with more troubles coming down the chute for her and she takes a crapload of ‘natural supps’ and I bet they are contributing easily to the ‘oh so wrong’ of it all for her…but…So much can ‘make up’ trouble for us and we don’t think to include it truly as a ‘thing’ we might need to handle.

(Karen) #16

Acid reflux
Heart burn

Thanks Dog, for helpful advice.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #17

Does the acid reflux/heartburn happen when you eat meat alone with an otherwise empty stomach?
First meal of the day would be a good time to test this…

(Karen) #18

Too late for today but I will try that tomorrow.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #19

Let us know what happens.

I discovered years ago, before I gave up grains, that things like potatoes and bread along with meat gave me heartburn.
I would eat the topping from a pizza if it was just meat and cheese, and do just fine. If I ate the crust— Blam!

Even after giving up grains and starchy vegetables, I would still get heartburn if I ate a large salad that included meat.

(Karen) #20

Wheat gives me terrible heartburn so I don’t eat it. That one I know for sure. Also oats, like oatmeal so I don’t eat that either. I feel best when I eat a large amount of salad greens 2-3 cups, and a little bit of meat. I can include nuts and cheese and a small amount of other Low carb green vegetables, plus a dressing and still not have heartburn. By “a little bit” of meat I mean no more than about 3 ounces.