Extended water fast - 30 days

fasting
extendedfast

Hi everyone!
I am beginning a 30 day water fast tomorrow, April 23. I have done months worth of research and I already have a lot of experience fasting. I fasted for 30 days back in 2014. After that, I have done anywhere from 3-10 day water fasts.
Let me tell you, I absolutely LOVE fasting. I suffer from BED and bulimia so eliminating all food from my thoughts and my daily routine is so freeing. My thoughts are clearer and I have so much more energy (after around day 5). Also, after every fast I feel as though I have more control of what I choose to put in my body and have fewer binges.
I am 6 feet tall and weigh 205 pounds. I am so ashamed of that number. Writing it actually makes me cringe. I always wondered how people let themselves gain so much weight, well now I know. After a bad breakup, I gained 60 pounds in 2 years. So, along with the binges, I also suffer from depression and anxiety (I think that is expected for anyone who gains 60 pounds in 2 years).
A 30 day water fast is no easy feat, but I’m ready and long overdue to begin this journey. I am here to share my experience with all of you. I would love for anyone to join me and help keep me accountable! Also, please feel free to share your experiences, questions, concerns, etc.
I am so excited to begin and see where this takes me:)

(Dan Dan) #2

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Newimprovedme ) #3

Good luck

Thank you!

Thanks for the support! Day 1 went well. It’s always the easiest day of the fast for me. I worked a 10 hour shift, then came home and worked out. Lots of energy, no lightheadedness. On to day 2! Day 3-5 are usually the toughest for me, so I will do more updating then:)

(Candy Lind) #6

I started a shorter fast today, and there are always at least a few folks on a fast - one place you can check in is the current month’s “Zornfast” (that’s a link to the April rendition), a third-Thursday-through-Sunday fast that @Brenda Zorn leads us through on a monthly basis. Several folks, including myself, are still fasting (and offering each other support) on that thread. I hope to see you there. :blush:

Candy, you’re awesome! Thank you so much for directing me there

(gmoehlenhoff) #8

Awesome to read, how’s it going?

Thanks for asking, George. It’s going well. I found an amazing support group on reddit. So, I won’t be on this site much anymore. If you’re looking for one I would suggest checking it out.

(Paddi Newlin) #10

Could you tell me how to find the other support group?