Extended Fasts with Negative Results

(Bunny) #21

What I would do if I were you:

Intermittent fasting (NO EXTENDED FASTING*; your doing more damage to your metabolic fitness) over a period of time; add a day after you get into a sequence of fasting over a period of time!

The key to this is: SEQUENTIAL SEQUENCING (thinking you will do anything {but damage} by extended fasting will open up a Pandora’s box on your entire metabolism)

These are most likely low:

DHEA (will increase with intermittent fasting)

Human Growth Hormone HGH (the crown jewel; literally; the cells on your pituitary gland) <=== what really burns the fat (lemon juice and apple cider vinegar 1tbls of each to a glass of water {everyday} will help spike this to 2000% when you sleep. Your digestive enzymes will adjust to this so do not worry; it reverses acid reflux too!) DO NOT TAKE HGH SUPPLEMENTS OR YOUR PITUITARY GLAND WILL QUIT SECRETING IT!

These are most likely high:

Estrogen (this little girl here will fight you tooth & nail to hold on to the fat)

Other than that you seem to know about the proper balance of protein and fats!

*Note: Extended fasting is something you want to do on rare occasions for the specific purposes of AUTOPHAGY NOT WEIGHT LOSE

(Donna ) #22

Hi @jrmorte63
I’ve lost 24 lbs in two months. I’m 48 and post menopausal and hypothyroid, also.

My minimum IF is 19:5 and I try to only eat 19:5 for a couple of days and then EF for as long as I can, whether it is 36, 48, 70 or 120 hours. I break my fast with a 19:5 or one re-feed Keto meal and get right back to EF. I don’t exercise. I feel great! :slight_smile:

Every day, regardless of IF or EF, I have one large coffee with 1 T heavy whipping cream and a pat of butter. I buzz it in the blender to get it frothy like a cappuccino. The rest of the day is green tea, water, hot green tea, hot chamomile tea in the evening. For me, feeling hot tea hit my empty stomach gives a huge feeling of satisfaction and kills any rumbly tummy. Pink himalayan rock salt, about three times a day or whenever I feel a craving or headachy. On EF days, I also take a potassium supplement in the morning. Every day, I always take a magnesium supplement at bedtime. So, salt, potassium, magnesium definitely on EF days.

Anyway, this is my routine. Others will have different routines. Hope you can find what works for you! This is a great place for information and support.

ps: I don’t drink apple cider vinegar as it gives me stomach upset, so I don’t use that. Everyone is a little different, but wanted to let you know it’s not a ‘you have to drink ACV or won’t lose weight’ thing. Everyone is different. You can try anything and if it doesn’t work, drop it. ACV didn’t agree with me and so I don’t use it.

It’s all about finding your stride, what works for YOU.

Wishing you abundant health!

KCKO

(Donna ) #23

@jrmorte63, to clarify: I don’t have any ‘off days’. I’m either IF 19:5 or 20:4 or 23:1, or I’m on an EF. So, I always get a minimum of 19 hours of fasting a day, if not on EF. When I do eat, it’s KETO clean foods, always less than 20 grams and never bread, pasta, rice, corn, or carbage stuff, even if it would fit under 20 grams.

And, 13 carbs of avocado is NOT equal to 13 carbs of a slice of bread. It reacts differently in your Keto body.

Let us know how you are doing! :slight_smile:

(Julie ) #24

Thanks for your input!! This is good to know!! I just listened to the femail podcast this am and heard a little more from Brenda and Kim about how tough it is for women to see results and I like the word Brenda used “menvy” lol cause that is how I felt about my husband who has lost 40 lbs in 5 months!! And I was comparing myself to him and thus the extra frustration!! But I totally agree with you, lets get it done and move on! I don’t have time to be messing around with stuff! lol

But, seriously it’s really interesting to hear how others have mixed things up. and lost weight it gives me hope and a renewed keto spirit!!

Congrats on your success and thank you!

Lets keto on!!

(Julie ) #25

Thanks for your response Donna! Lots of good info! I have to drink hot liquids too for EF its the only thing that keeps the hunger down.

great job 24 lbs in 2 months!! Awesome!! As for the ACV I learned this from Dr Eric Berg, who I found on youtube, he has tons of keto videos. But, he said when you are eating a lot of fat acv helps keep acid in the stomach and the possibility of gallstones down aids in digestion, and a ton of other health benefits, so I started adding it, I don’t drink every day and I add pink HS its usually in about 32 oz of water. I do mix some up in a small amount of water and drink it like a shot when I am EF it seems to help the hunger pains. I drink keto/ BP coffee once in a while but I make keto organic chai tea mostly. But I don’t drink any of that on an EF.

I drink water, plain hot chai tea and if I get really hungry I drink clear bone broth. I did heard Richard talking about his 10 day fast and he said if you start getting a little weak or needing a little pick up take a small amount of butter, I just completed a 96 hr fast no noticeable results yet.

I followed that up with feasting only when pretty hungry, yesterday and today, then I am going to do another EF. I take the same supplements as you do but I add Vit D and B complex.

So, I am waiting for this super energy to hit me when I EF!

Last time, so like Friday afternoon I finally started getting clear headed and a bit more energy but that was at 80 something hrs fasted!!

Its crazy how much different eating patterns there are and how it effects people differently !! I will just Keep Calm and Keto On, till it works, I know it will! Thanks again for your help!

Continued success!!