Extended Fasting Buddies! (10+ Days)

Hi guys! So I have done intermittent fasting and a few extended water fasts in the past without any issues like dizziness, headaches, etc. The longest fast I’ve done in the past is 7 days, but I would like to give it a shot again- this time for a bit longer- 10 to 14 days. I’m hoping to reap the benefits of both weight loss and cleansing. (I know that three weeks is ideal, but I need to get the two weeks down first!)

I’ve discovered that on shorter fasts, I have the will-power to push through because “I only have to fast for another day” etc. However, I’ve tried starting a 10 day fast a number of times, and found that the daunting length leads me to give up on day one or two… it’s a mental problem!

I’m starting my fast tomorrow (April 19th) and would at least like to push through April 29th. After that, I will see if I have the energy to go the whole two weeks.

I want some accountability/motivation from other folks doing the same thing. If not that, at least from people who have done 10+ day fasts in the past! I would love comments/encouragement from other currently fasting… hopefully we can support each other!

Note:
There is a chance that it won’t be a true fast, as I have Type 1 diabetes (very well managed for 22 years, never had any hospitalizations, and insulin-pump regulated so I can easily adjust my insulin to avoid low blood sugars.) If there was a case where I have a low blood sugar, I would allow myself up to 2 cups of cold pressed fruit juice (I have a couple in the freezer to keep on hand if needed).

(Barbara Greenwood) #2

Hi - I’m not ready to go that long, sorry - but intrigued by this statement. Ideal for what… and where did you see this, please?

(Bacon for the Win) #3

I’m not ready to go that long but want to follow this thread.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #4

Just finished 2 days.

Onto #3

Winding down day one of a 3 day fast. I am calling it Thursday as I’m hosting a dinner party at my house. But I would like to try for a 14 day EF later this month. Longest I have done is 10 days. Keep us posted!

I thought it was well known, but apparently it was something that I came across in an article somewhere and it stuck in my brain. I heard that three weeks is ideal for cleansing your body of chemicals, etc.

I’m halfway through day two! I’m also glad to note that my willpower has stayed strong (mostly because I made the commitment online). I realized belatedly that I had made plans with a friend for this weekend, but I’m going to have to reschedule that until after the fast…

(jim schafer) #8

I had planned to fast for 10 days but only made it to 6 and a half…honestly the diarrhea is what made me stop…next time i do an extended fast i may add some fiber to the water…just so there’s something there… i guess you could cal it a modified extended fast…a few days of nothing but “water” coming out the back end was enough to make me stop. the up side is i lost about 10 pounds… few pounds have come back but that’s to be expected…but i’m so happy i’m in the 240’s and not in the 250’s any more…I’m about ready to try again…i think one extended fast a month is about right for me…my goal is to hit the 230’s and stay there for a time and see what needs to happen next…maybe in a few months i’ll be there…I know it takes time