Extended fast for weight loss

fasting
weightloss

Today is Day 4 of my fast. This is the longest I have fasted so far ( I completed two 3-day fasts in 2016). My goals are weight loss and autophagy. Day 1 and 2 were water and coffee only. Day 3 and 4 I also added bone broth. I have lost 5.1 pounds so far (86.5 pounds to goal weight). Blood ketones were 5.4 this evening, blood glucose was 3.4. Yesterday I became shockingly energetic and my mind became very clear. I wonder if this was due to my Ketone/Glucose ratio approaching 1? It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. My goal is to complete 14 days. Here are my stats so far (days are along the bottom)…

Day 5 was difficult. I was craving lettuce (weird food to crave) and very lethargic. Thinking about bone broth made me feel a bit nauseous so I skipped it today. I just had black coffee (1 cup). I got home from work to find I had lost 2.1 pounds over the course of the day. That was a surprise! Total weight loss over 5 days of fasting = 7.2 pounds. My ketones were 5.8 this evening. My blood glucose was 2.8 mmol/L (50 mg/dl). I am wondering if a blood glucose that low is normal for a fast? I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Blood glucose that low is normal as long as the ketones are high (as yours are). I am more damaged, my glucose hasn’t registered below the low 60’s during fasts.