Experimenting with IF

(traci simpson) #1

I have been experimenting with my fasting window. It was around 16/8 or 17/7 with my first meal between noon and 2pm and the next between 5-6:30. This past week I tried to eat earlier. I ate breakfast around 7, 730am and then my second meal around 3, 3:30ish. This was a bit difficult for me because I I’m hungry around 8:30, which is only like an hour before I hit the racks. The one thing I think I’ve noticed was that I sleep better. I think I’m going to just go back to the mid day early evening feeds with the evening meal just like a snackie type or something that fits only on a small saucer. Anybody else experiment with the eating times? notice any differences?

(Allie) #2

My eating window constantly changes.
Earlier windows definitely result in better sleep.

(Marianne) #3

Are you eating enough at your meals? Maybe you are not eating enough to sustain you long enough for OMAD without snack. I think I read where you get really hungry, and maybe that’s your metabolism. If you want to IF, I’d try to push through the hunger waves, but if it gets too uncomfortable, I’d wait until my next meal time and then eat (try to avoid supplementing with snacks).

I did my first 36-hour IF on Weds/Thurs. Took me four months to dip my toe into that pool. Ate breakfast one day and then didn’t eat again until dinner the next night. I was somewhat anxious about it. I did have a little trouble not having dinner that first night, but I was just sitting around watching tv and so I as more aware of wanting to eat and being “hungry.” (Gotta say, I don’t relish the feeling of being “hungry,” even if it’s not true hunger.) Just pushed through that and once I got past it, the next day until dinner was no problem.

If it’s too difficult, maybe it’s too early. Give it some time. Good luck.

(traci simpson) #4

Thanks. Think I’m going to stick with a noon to six feeding window and then be done with it and if I get hungry I’ll just have some salt in my water or some hot tea and just go to bed Think I’m going to stick with a noon to six feeding window and then be done with it and if I get hungry I’ll just have some salt in my water or some hot tea and just go to bed