Even quicker chocolate mousse

(Karl L) #21

Those are good upgrades!

(John B) #22

I had no idea! Time to switch it up!

(Griffin Mekelburg) #23

I love making this!! My way is with HWP, powdered Erythritol, a splash of vanilla, a little cinamon, and a bit of cocoa powder. Take an immersion blender to it and bam, a seriously good dessert!! Just have to be careful with the immersion, I have gotten chocobutter many a time lmao

(Daniel) #24

Still the champ!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #25

Chocobutter is still tastyā€¦just sayinā€™

(Griffin Mekelburg) #26

Oh it is in no way a ā€œsadā€ instance lmao i LOVE chocobutter, just when you are wanting that nice mousse the texture throws you off a bit :slight_smile:

(James van Kessel) #27

Hey all, I use a stick blender with wisk attachment but I do it a bit different: about a half cup of heavy whipping cream, pure sucralose powder (so thereā€™s no bulking agents, but use your sweetener of choice) to taste, and a drop of vanilla extract, and blend till itā€™s a bit thick, but not quite whipped cream. Then I add a big spoonful (probably 2 tbsp or so) of mascarpone cheese. Gives it a thick creamy texture between a mousse and pudding. Then I choose a flavor: either a spoonful of natural peanut butter and salt (if your personal WOE can sustain some peanuts), or a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder and blend it in. It sounds more complex than it is. Takes a couple of minutes and the leftovers in the fridge firm up a bit more so itā€™s almost like eating icingā€¦

(Griffin Mekelburg) #28

OMG I love mixing in mascarpone into this! I will even freeze up the mix and restir every 10 minutes or so and in about an hour you get a nice ice cream! can make the ice cream without, but the creamy texture just isnt the same

Oooooohhhhhhhā€¦I just bought one of these!!

(Peter Bursky) #30

I have a variation of a chocolate mousse i made the other day. Had 2 containers of creme fraiche, and was thinking what do do with it.

1. Put creme fraiche to bowl.
  2. Add 1-2 teaspoons of splenda (or swetener of choice), to taste
  3. Add teaspoon of vanilla extract
  4. Add cocoa powder, about 1 tablespoon (again, adjust to taste)
  5. mix quickly, even a fork will do
  6. pop a few berries if you want to be fancy
  7. EAT

itā€™s supper fast and super delish. Now iā€™m just buying creme fraiche for this!
Note, you could probably use sour cream, but it has let fat in it.

(jim schafer) #31

i sometimes use the whisk like iā€™m starting a fire: by rolling the handle between two palmsā€¦think small whisk in a mug.

(Sian) #32

Hi everyone, newbie here! New to the forums although I have been lurking for a while, feeding (pun intended) off all your great knowledge and ideas.

A story for you. So I decide to whip up an easy chocolate mousse this evening based on the ideas in this thread, using a hand blender with a whisk attachement. All going just fine until I add the cocoa, at which point to prevent it spraying everywhere I used my other hand to hold up a protective tea towel. However, seconds later the towel became entangled in the whisk, at which point I panicked, lifted it out of the bowl, and inexplicably failed to remove my finger from the power button. As a result, the creamy tea towel became a kind of pudding propellor, spraying chooolate cream all over me, my kitchen and everything in it. I think I will be finding pudding in all kinds of weird places for weeks to come. I had to get a stepladder to clean it off my window blind (but not before I had scraped the remaining pudding from the bowl and eaten it).

Thought you might find the above image amusing. Is this a sign that kept desserts are, in fact, to be avoided?!*

Sian

*IMHO they most certainly are not!

(Karl L) #33

Hilarious; I can totally see that happening!