Epic Carnivore July-a-ganza

(Daisy) #202

@Fangs I had my family reunion this weekend and it put me a little off course. I’ve been trying to tighten things up so I’ve been eating a ton of meat to stay full! Lots of ground beef, steaks, seafood, and my newest obsession: omelettes! Believe it or not, until 3 days ago, I had never cooked or even eaten an omelette. But the last 3 days in a row, I’ve made a beautiful egg and bacon omelette! A few pictures: image image image image image image image

:astonished:

Emojis look like teeny, tiny omelettes.

I actually can not believe it.

I eat an omelette pretty much every non working day when I break fast at about noon. Sometimes I get over-baconed and use mackerel instead. Or if I need more fat, especially in melted gooey form, an omelette is the best cheese wrapper to have.

I think I will have an omelette today on the last day of July.

(Vic) #204

Breakfast and lunch.

@Azi, thanks a ton for that great info about the buns. I don’t know if I will go this route as in truth as simple as these seem to be to make, I am one who doesn’t even like that much kitchen work LOL but it seems you got them down pat and are a staple for you which work great. Nice tho to know I have options, ones that other carnivores are using and doing well on!!

Your pool, nearing completion sooner than later now :slight_smile: I bet you are thrilled!

@Karen18, great food pics as usual!!
So happy they had a great time on vacation and it is always nice to be surprised by some fine cheeses from a trip that are just gourmet and delish. I swear getting some fancy cheeses or meats from other’s like this as a gift make them taste better!

@Shinita, what type of bike do you own? Is it regular ol’ thing like I got or is it some fancy type? I know many people love their bikes and they can get very involved and pricey. I tried a mountain bike one time but didn’t like the heavy of it and went back to my 10 speed. Suits me better.

@Ketodaisy, oh glad you had your reunion and hope you had a blast! Yea, I get the little off course, some social things you just have to dabble a bit LOL Being the carnivore pro you are I know you will correct and get it all suited back well for you and WITH food pics like that, ahh, I think you are on the right track fast!

Oh yea my gosh I was an omelet maniac when I started carnivore…I ate a ton of them packed with bacon and little cheese and they are super yummy. Your food pics are amazing as usual. Best thing I learned about cooking an omelet is go slow on it, I am one of those stick the burner on HIGH and flash fry my food, lol, but low heat and slow cook makes my omelet soft and fully like, not that heavier chewy overcooked egg on it…well it worked that way for me anyway!!

@Carnivoor
that is a beautiful meat picture…drooling over it!
Happy your Cooky is doing so well for you!

------------yesterday I got hungry and I ate up :slight_smile:
start was 8 slices taylor ham followed by a big ribeye steak
then I hit into 1/2 lb of pork tenderloin I fried up later and a tin of sardines which were yummy, and then a second tin of sardines cause wow I just wanted them.

I feel well fed now.

today I got another hunk of pork tenderloin to fry up.
got a ribeye steak to attack.
done deal.

LAST DAY of July, wow…another one bites the dust :slight_smile: Our months just fly by don’t they!!

Strong Carnivore everyone!

The turkey liver had a great firm texture (similar to duck according to my decades old memories) - and a bitter taste. I wonder if it’s normal. I even fried a tiny onion to offset the bitter taste, well it doesn’t work that way at this level.
Well, it’s nutrition. And Alvaro who is way better with bitterness, helps. He even liked soda with kinin when he still consumed such things!

It was my least joyful meal since ages. Okay, I won’t try to eat at 6:30pm without hunger and appetite. But it sounded a better idea than eating at night.
I mildly forced as much food into myself as I could including ALL my impressive tricks including carbs and sweets (in moderation to the extreme, for me at least), anything to avoid nighttime eating… I ate the Super Fatty Pork Thing too but it was very little. And head cheese, I didn’t even notice the taste, I was way over complete satiation at that point and even my pancakes (with the carbs) barely could make some room for it.
I am in no pain but I don’t feel so great.
And I can’t have regrets as I chose the best options I could imagine. Maybe I should eat at 5pm or just postpone eating? I doubt late eating is a problem if it’s my first meal… So yep, I may go back to the “eating when really hungry” idea, not like I think I can get really hungry late when I am well-fasted…
It’s NOT easy to decide when and how much and what to eat at all. Sometimes it’s straightforward but not now.
My macros are great though. A bit low so I still could get hungry later but I will totally ignore that as I am no masochist. I hope I won’t be hungry though as I hate choosing the less bad but still not good option.

[…]
Next day. We cycled in nice cool temperature - and insane humidity, I got so winded so easily. I can’t handle high humidity and/or high temperature. But I had to exercise a bit and we wanted to buy onions in the village. We forgot, oh well.

@Fangs, my bike is a lil old not expensive thing :slight_smile: Cycling is something I don’t do often - especially not in the first years after we bought the bikes… Now it’s more but my bike is still good enough. And we don’t have money for really fancy stuff. But I don’t see the need. We had motorbikes for joy (we still have them but no money for riding them, that wasn’t cheap. this will change, we trust that)… I like cycling a bit but it’s for exercise and going to short distances or feeling the wind and slowly watching the scenery…
So I have an old, a bit rusty but working red bicycle called Rosetta :slight_smile: 3 speeds and I just searched how it is in English, internal gear hub. I never ever use my hands for braking, it’s odd to me. All my bikes were like this. And I don’t need to change gears all the time in this slightly hilly area :smiley: It’s fine for me.

Omelet: well, it’s in the past now. I just never want it. Sometimes I do a single egg like that for some reason but it’s kinda boring. I loved them in the distant past full with onions :smiley: And when I happen to have some bacon, that’s nice too… But I almost never have bacon, not my thing. And sausage is “agressive” in an omelet for me. Maybe if I had ham…
But omelet uses some fat too and that’s no good. I try to avoid added fat, it must be something of great importance like pancake where I use some but pancakes use little. I should try them without any… There must be a way… I will experiment when I won’t forget it.

Well. Today wasn’t a carni day as I realized it’s the last day of June and I have certain keto plans I won’t do in the next weeks on my carni August… And my first half-ripe but soft pears appeared. I only ate a little but still, it’s sugary. Probably nothing like full-fledged Williams pears, that thing is inedibly sugary while these were nice… I may have said NO yesterday and today when Alvaro mentioned I wanted to taste peach once in 2021. It’s the only common Hungarian fruit this area can’t produce or just very poorly so I don’t have it. But a yellow, juicy one is great. Was great while I still could handle all the sugar, whatever, it’s nothing reducing the amount can’t help. Of course I didn’t want to skip a year but it’s somewhat a theoretical thing, it sounds like right but I just never wish for it when I see one. And I won’t eat is just because I kinda decided months ago. And anyway, my body thinks I had enough carbs lately. So nope, I don’t want it. I may wish I would, it’s nice but no, I wouldn’t enjoy it.
It was useful. I almost only enjoyed my meat :flushed:. My leanish fried pork was the highlight of my day. Oh well. Okay, so nostalgy doesn’t taste good. Fine. And my body keeps leveling up, it really dislike most carbs now. In the best way: I feel kind of fine but feel the resistance. Okay… It’s not over yet but I give up for a while :smiley:
So I am quite ready for some strict times now. Kind of strict. I opened a bag of cream again… Me and dairy… I just can’t skip them. But I lost about all interest in cheese. It may have its role in moderation (like, 5-10g) here and there but it will be rare and little.

My hunger is okay now. I got hungry very early today (no wonder, I ate very little yesterday while I was somewhat active) but my hunger wasn’t big at all.

I will write my noble goals into the August thread. Oh it’s almost August. The last Super Hot Month I Need to Survive Somehow.

(Karen) #207

Kitty has been picked up not more than half an hour ago. Daughtet and son in law had a super time away but were rather disappointed that kitty didn’t show them more love when they arrived yo take her home. I think she quite enjoyed her week with me. Will definitely have to not treat her so well next time she comes to gran for her hols lol spent the morning I g cleaning the kitchen worktops and same in bathroom, for those who don’t know they are both toughened glass and show up every pawprint😲 went back uostairs and kitty had walked all over the bathroo tops again and had walked through the went sink on her way round … grrrr definitely don’t want a cat!!!

Brunch was butter sauted chicken n melted cheese and I have been yicking in to one of 3 packs of cheddars Sian bought in the Tebay Service Station on request. A nice sharp crunchy cheddar. Cant wait to try the next packet hahaha but I am going to be good and not open the next one till I have finished the one I have already opened. … which won’t be that long me thinks!!!:thinking::thinking:

I have a nice sirloin steak for dinner in about an hour.

@Shinita
too funny, last day of June your typed…it is July HAHA
I feel ya on that :scream_cat: months just blend and as I get older, don’t mention how years fly by :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love your 3 gear bike. I am the same in that when I can ride I do but with riding bikes it is not a fav of mine…my life revolves around water truly. Swim, ocean boogie board, fishing ocean and lakes and get in every puddle of water I love :100: but I try other things. My life was riding horses all day, everywhere…but when I stopped my horse life finally it is like…give me anything, bike, hike, but in the end the only other total enjoy is ocean and lakes and big rivers and streams down to a creek…put me near water and I thrive…so my bike is a ‘do when wanna’ do kinda thing and I ain’t one of those who loves it so much ‘as more of an obsession sport’ to bother. My old rusty 10 speed is good enough as yours is good enough for you.

Now motorbikes…love them! We had some a bit back in years but ditched for ATVs cause hubby is a hunter and liked them more for his needs. Me loving the motorbike hobby/get out and ride life for sure.

OK…you are not gonna like what I say here…but on carnivore there is ‘no guessing on what times you eat’ cause when one STARTS carnivore we eat all the time, all we need, whenever we want, whatever floats your boat and THIS changes us into healing/adapting but IF YOU try to control this level that hasn’t happened naturally thru what it takes for you while staying on plan you can’t ever get there ya know…it is like IF I CONTROL xyz then abc should work? and it won’t on carnivore. We must drop the extras,those ol’ dieting and control thoughts that we think might work and we can’t ever truly learn more on our path if we do this…we should eat our plan as needed and only then do we ‘find our carnivore natural eating pattern selves’ and thing is while newer to holding plan tried and true, we flip alot in what our needs are…as in when starting I was 1 or 2 meals per day and I hit into eating like 4-5-6 sometimes and ALL hrs of the day and I thoguht, WTH? but in the end if we do just this…eat carnivore and not look back and get out of our own way…we truly fall into a real life simple natural pattern for ourselves…but if you fight this the whole time you can’t quite get there.

so just throwing out some info on how we do have to leave ‘we think this will work’ behind and trust the carnivore plan cause for all of us that has issues, when we just eat all we need, all the time, we find new truths about us and new healing and more…OK AGAIN just a chat on it :partying_face: Good to chat out stuff for all of us!!

@Karen18
you had me laughing on Kitty…loved your simple cat home life and not thrilled to be car’d back home HAHA but yea cats are wild in that one time at my sister in law’s house we were doing breakfast and Ruddy jumped up on the table and I was like gonna swat his azz down super fast and my SIL said he is fine and I AM like —WE are eating here and his tail hit the butter and left all kinds of hair on it and I am like…damn she loves this darn cat SO much she don’t see it, lol, .ok, me farmer, barn cats and rarely in the house and this gal is like, my KID and it is cool and I am just SO over that pet life of ick HAHA but needless to say I stopped eating and said F this!

Nope. Not me. too funny to read about kitty tracks thru your home tho!!

No, I actually am aware it’s July, my birthday came and go! I really know it :smiley:

I actually prefer walking but cycling is nice too now and then. It’s a different feeling.

And water is quite important for me. We have hills and forests and animals here, all are super important, plants and fresh air… But it would be seriously lacking without water. We have a big pond with birds, a very cute river surrounded with the fores in the wildlife park (the river is way bigger but the nearby part of it is like that), the wildlife park has a tiny pond too…
I love the sea but I only saw it twice in my life. But some kind of water is needed! My big sadness is that we don’t have proper waterfalls, only super tiny ones. I get jealous and a bit sad if I see some good one in pictures… I could use some bigger mountains too but that’s not such a big problem. But waterfalls… Why I can’t have one nearby?

Well exactly that is what is impossible for me to figure out sometimes. And I have proper urges. Some people never feels what their body wants. I usually feel it but it’s still a mystery sometimes that WHEN, how much and what I should eat… I just can’t possibly know! I must experiment with it a lot. And hope for the best, factors change, after all…
Eating all the time is WAY worse for me than eating a lot of sugar, honestly. I should NEVER do that, that’s very clear. I overate all my life and hated it. But when I eat first? 4pm? 5pm? Not at all? Mystery on some days. Today I didn’t care and ate my Alvaro ate. My body surely don’t tell me when it really wants food… Mmmm, maybe I should try an EF then… My hunger is soft and disappears… And when it becomes suffering, I eat. How much and what, that’s still a mystery…
Sigh.

Whatever, I will do something. It’s better now as my bigger hunger disappeared but I still can eat a not small meal if I put my mind on it. Maybe it’s not nice, a bit forceful but I can do it.

You may say “all we need” but I have no idea what that means for my body. I guess it NEEDS no food for the next days, it have enough reserves… Except I do get hungry… But if I wait a bit, it disappears… Hmmm…

Whenever we want: I can define it like this and massively overeat or a bit differently and I barely eat for a while… Sometimes eating is the last thing I want but I kinda need it too…

But I will be fine. Carnivore alone helps a lot. I just have odd days here and then. I really want to stop my zillion tiny meals, they are never good. Hunger isn’t reliable at all, never was, I usually didn’t follow it. I always ate when hungry but I typically ate without hunger… And now it seems best if I ignore early and late hunger too.

I control nothing, I just try to avoid overeating, quitting, suffering and the like. My body controls my eating habits as it has all the power. If I try to force anything (not like my core personality allows it), it backfires. So I don’t. I just have some wriggle room and I try to decide in a way that doesn’t result in tragedy (I am a tad dramatic here but after all these years, it can be quite annoying when my eating is a mess).

I have no old dieting stuff at all… I only lose fat if it comes naturally but it never does it nowadays.

But being super indulgent, eating immediately whatever we fancies or see… That isn’t good even for me. I must eat very nearly like that as I am a hedonist with no temptation resistance, basically no rules, I quit keto all the time… But it’s not ideal. I STILL have some power and I must fully use that. I am more sure of it as ever, writing about it helps :smiley:
I don’t want to be a miserable weak failure anymore.

Of course. That is what I try to figure out since 1.5 years and I still don’t know what it may be. Probably some elusive thing that keeps changing all the time…?
I actually figured out a few points like lots of eggs and enough meat is needed, high protein and lots of fat… And I do that, that part is fine. But it’s not nearly enough. I eat my lots of eggs, my lots of meat, I am hungry and definitely don’t want any eggs or meat anymore… What to do then? (Pancakes, sweet ones if I must unless I have a better idea but I like strictness a tad more than just eating sweets for every meal again… But that works the best. Unless I provide HUGE variety. I am quite stubborn about carnivore-ish so I go for the variety but time passes and my supplies aren’t always the same. Fatty meat helps though as they give me more calories and they are nicer so when I get bored of it, I already ate enough. Yep, that’s the plan for the next days. I better get out my ribs from the freezer now.)

gonna take this one by one in that there is no experimenting. Carnivore is EAT ALL the meat you have on hand, eggs and more and eat til SUPER full and satisfied and happy and not give it another thought and then we get ‘changes’ to come to us vs. us pretending we can control them.

for me, I was I want…I want a giant mass of chicken wings cause that is what I desired, but I had none…SO my mind says go ‘into plant land and eat crap’ but then I said, nope I got sardines, some chicken thighs I don’t desire but will cook or some beef I don’t want but will eat CAUSE it is all carnivore on plan ya know…so eat the carnivore plan at all times even if ya don’t quite have what you want at that moment. It worked that way for me alot.

you said: but I still can eat a not small meal if I put my mind on it. Maybe it’s not nice, a bit forceful but I can do it.

See you are the control. You are getting that control to be some sort of ‘fix’ and it won’t ever be, never ever cause we can’t control the body on what it needs, requires, what it has to have on its personal timeline to heal…heal and rest the hormones and more and this is a standard carnivore saying, get out of your own way and I get it is very very hard to ‘give this control’ over to an eating lifestyle but once you do…our bodies show us and we get it…we don’t need to control anything truly on this plan other than don’t eat plant based ever.

There is no ‘you need no food for days’ cause that is self torture diet info in your brain…we all got taught that…we all ‘dieted’ to no avail but carnivore is EAT all the time you need it and let the time eating as you require personally to change you and YES you will change, not a doubt about it!

You have to remember one thing S is that if you do carnivore you are allowed to eat and drop all control over what you think ‘you need’ or what your ‘past life dieting’ has been.

Once that control is given over you find a whole new world. A whole new you as I have.

I am a massive OCD control freak in my life LOL
believe me that is me and I controlled every bite, every bit of time, every bit of ‘when am I hungry or should be hungry after eating’ and ALL about lower fat/calories in and out and ALL about eat hardly no meat and focus on veg and ALL the insanity out there.

what is hardest…just eat the carnivore plan as you need each and every day…and I tell ya S it is the darnest hardest thing to let go of in our life thinking we ‘can control’ the carnivore plan and if we eat off plan some, wow it makes if a million times harder.

What carnivore boils down to is faith in the plan…let it go. Let it go with the carnivore flow but sometimes, thru alot of time, many many of us can’t go here cause we aren’t ready to drop the old baggage of dieting and crap and trick/tips we learned at are not sustainable.

again personal walk on when we are ready to let it all go and faith into the plan is key…but for me I hit it…and hard to do but darn once ya let the BS dieting crap go and just eat…wow we change a ton and heal and more

OK AGAIN just chat on it…we all walk our own walk for sure :slight_smile:

(Linda ) #211

@Shinita I get it we feel we should have an idea of how much…but even Dr C says only our body knows how much not even he knows its why he doesn’t like macro counting even on keto your body decides…Its why he suggests cooking more than you think you’ll need serve it on a plate but use a smaller plate to eat off cut pieces off he suggests not eating for more than 2O minutes …and to get up put dishes in sink walk around and then decide if you need more…

First thing he told me when I saw him is he didn’t care when we ate how late…

I try to prepare for two meals but often that becomes three lol I go with the flow.

If you look up Dr blake Donaldsons plan way back in the day…
He got his patients to eat half a pound of fatty meat three times a day…a cup of black coffee and a 30 min walk before breakfast…
Now im not suggesting dieting I’m not into that for even myself …but I’d say 1.5 lbs of meat might be a starting point lol…see how that makes you feel.

Dinner I keep thinking about it so I prob need the fat…I won’t eat it all of course but it’s what I’m having all that juicy fat…

I’ve been doing this for about 6 months. I batch cook steaks. I cook 8-10 at a time, then cut them up and put them in the fridge.

Any time I am hungry, I go and get some steak. I put the same portion on my plate (I weigh out 300g). Some days I put some back. Some days I go for another 100g. Some days I eat two helpings at once.

Some days I eat 2 meals, some days I eat 3 meals. I don’t take any notice - I just eat when I am hungry. Sometimes it’s within 30 minutes of waking. Sometimes it’s 4 hours later. Sometimes I eat a meal within 3 hours of having eaten, sometimes it’s a 9 hour gap.

The reason I pre-prepare is because I struggle with the concept of ‘finish what’s on your plate’ - so by making it that I could always keep leftovers and I could always get more when needed, it took that pressure away.

I go 100% by hunger - and although it isn’t for everyone, it’s a method that stopped me from looking at the clock for “official meal times” and learning to eat when hungry, and learning to stop when I was satisfied.

(Linda ) #213

I’m trying but sometimes I still over eat and pay for it with bloating…like today I ate til I was full on roast but it didn’t stop me snacking on it fresh roast beef gets every time…but I haven’t had roast in awhile since I’m just cooking for myself. .

@Azi
so agree with Dr C. We are best to let the body decide.

I knew I never ‘liked or needed breakfast’ in my life, but on carnivore, when I started…ohhh yes I started eating breakfast for a while…and I thought, WTH? I don’t eat breakfast? Hey this is too much food I have to skip this on purpose, but I couldn’t…I had to go by hunger so if I was hungry in the morning I ate and it set me on that right path cause later I changed again and dropped breakfast and just slid into those 2 meals per day and dropped all snacking.

I can over eat to bloaty feeling also still. Not a hard thing to do because for me…what I think about it…is that when I enjoy my food SO darn much, eating meat doesn’t ‘bloat me into feeling very stuffed’ and uncomfortable so I truly can unconsciously be packing in more meat into my tummy then I really need…and if I bloat or say WOW I AM super stuffed off my meat meal then I kinda know I ate too much. You most times don’t even notice cause that meat doesn’t effect our guts when hounding it down til that moment we go…wow…how much did I just woof down LOL Longer on plan we find our portion sizes better ya know…so I can defrost what I need without defrosting too much at a time or make sure I defrost enough to keep me in a good rotation on my meals being handy to cook.

@Septimius
enjoyed your post. you navigated thru what it takes for you to make it work easily and I love the idea of making more to take that pressure away and having leftovers.

I am like you, I can flip jump into 3 meals a day, 4 even and then back to 2 etc. but now longer on plan I fall definitely at 2 meals but can easily push 3 if the hunger hits for any reason.

I am finding making more and having that second leftover in the fridge takes the pressure away in a good way too…I have just been thinking about what you said about making 8-10 steaks and just having them in the fridge for fast intake anytime.

I am feeling that way about the country style pork ribs. I can buy big cheaper family packs, oven is on anyway right? and cook up a few packs extra and leave in fridge and they can be a go to instead of constantly having to cook when hungry…yea me the non kitchen person is thinking of ways to do even less cooking LOL

I am liking how you are doing that, I think I am going to be jumping on board of having more stuff just in the fridge and knowing I can just grab and eat when wanting can take that ‘when to cook by the clock’ pressure off also.

good post S!

------------------------------------OK GUYS WE are starting Triple A today, All Animal August

so when ready jump on over into the new thread to chat up :slight_smile:

(Vic) #215

Lunch, to be at my best and deal with the stress its meat and salt only. There is no room for plant toxins in my life right now.

Less burden on the immune and digestive system, more energy for other stuff.

And also no beer on saturdays :pleading_face:

It’s all about experimenting to me… What else? I can’t possibly know what to do right away.

It’s quite impossible. I eat all the meat and eggs I can stomach, I am hungry and unsatisfied, what to do then? Meat grosses me out at that point! I can’t help it, I can’t eat THAT much meat. At least not every time. I am quite good with fresh roasted pork chuck and fortunately my body works in a way that I can slowly turn off the though of wasting too much meat - as I don’t, I am not like Alvaro who can eat anything and get satiated so it’s better for him to choose cheap but still fine-for-him items as well. While I could buy only little meat, I needed my zillion eggs no matter how I felt about them (I loved them but I needed them anyway), it’s different now and it’s actuallty fun to eat meat before I gulped down at least 5 eggs… Though that direction has benefits as I need variety so if I just start with meat, I easily get enough of meat before I satiate my hunger and appetite. And meat is more interesting so the eggs after meat is not the best direction unless I use some very interesting form… But I went on a tangent I fear.
There are so many decisions to make but as I don’t have the info right away, experiments are in order.

Anyway, experiments are FUN! And they limit me and that is typically quite good to avoid overeating. But it’s mostly fun and useful, very needed.

Many of us are experimenting, it’s a vital part of our journey. We check if we work better with more fat, different meat etc. I experimented with chicken so I know it’s not good for me. So I stopped eating chicken except if it’s the only option at a relative.

It’s actually quite sad that even you, too sensitive and long term carnivores still have this problem. My mind doesn’t really want plants and my body is against them most of the time apart from super tiny amounts. But I can handle them if I mess it up. I have some more mysterious problem source, things just happen without desire or need or any other valid reason… But it quickly changes. A little more time and I think I will go off very rarely. It just doesn’t worth it. It doesn’t give me joy and eating something I don’t need is all about joy (or avoiding suffering. if I feel miserable without it than it’s worth it even without giving me any good).
I feel lucky, carnivore(-ish) is so, so better and way easier for me than normal keto! Without negative things except when I have those tiny meals in big numbers. But I think I can avoid them now.

I am in control ONLY if my body cooperates. So it’s not real control. My body has its basic things, eating a ton is one if its skills. With very careful food choices or maybe trying to control timing (but I am super bad at that, my body gives me the right type of nudge at any time and I must eat, be it 11am or 5am), I THINK I can ensure bigger meals most of the time but it may be wishful thinking. I am a very optimistic one, I am prone to that. But with very very careful planning, it’s theoretically possible. I am bad at carefulness. I do whatever, eating wise. I probably badly need to raise my control a bit (as just eating whatever never worked, I experimented the hell out of that) even if the chance for it is low. Hence my struggling. As without control, I fail and suffer so I refuse to accept that ever.

Whatever, main thing I know the direction I need to go and I try to do that!

it’s so odd you talk about control involving me. I think I have among the ones with the least control on this forum or among “dieters” (I am no dieters as I don’t have the right control for that. or whatever one needs for it). I eat whatever I fancy. If I lose even more control… well I probably would do the same just with more frequent overeating… But that’s not hedonistic… Okay, nothing would happen then, only very temporarily. Maybe it means I have zero control already. Or the possible minimum?

From some viewpoint, everyone controls their eating who decides their own food… We make some decisions based on things. It’s bad control if we force our body to it (I never can force anything on it, my “mild force” is giving it options until it acquiences. wow I used this word the first time in my life! I barely know it since a few years but I only understood it, never used) - unless if we must do it due to health problems and our poor body can’t even give proper feedback about what is good for it. I am immune to that bad control, the not so ideal experiments are short lived and still not useful… My only big problem is the fortunately fading compulsions. They have control over ME and I hate every second of it myself, I just have zero control in that situation. I hate that feeling. Giving my body whatever if wants, and to my mind too to some extent, that feels normal as those are my proper parts. Compulsion is like a sickness or being drugged in a bad way (I never experienced such a things, I was drunk a few times in my life but my thinking stayed the same. if a drug could rob me of my normal thinking, I never would touch it, it’s super scary).
Oh so I need control against compulsions too. Nope, they are too strong, they are as strong as temptations. So my right attitude is avoiding them as if they are already here, I am doomed. Fine. I would hate to get big control, it’s against my core personality. I want… automatic, natural… goodness, not control. So desiring exactly what I need, when I need. Or if not desiring, feeling the right nudge. But even without desire, I want the joy. It’s super creepy when a meal isn’t enjoyable. It feels wrong. I rarely have regrets but I had it this week.

I never want and even absolutely can’t control my body about this. Probably all of you do it as it’s very common for humans but I don’t. I was born like this or something.
I don’t KNOW what my body needs and requires at any time. How on earth should I decide when, what and how much to eat? Maybe my body tells me (it happens often), maybe it doesn’t. What then? I feel gnawing hunger, negative appetite, enough energy… I experiment or use the result of my earlier experiments, of course.

But I won’t think too much about it (maybe I already do but it could be worse. it’s mostly fun, not a struggle or stress. even if it’s not visible outside of me :)). My body would survive on almost any woe that vaguely enough nutritious. The human body is quite great, I don’t even understand it sometimes that how people survive under certain circumstances like North-Korean death camps. People get born and live for decades and their body is kinda working. Shouldn’t they die early due to the very lacking nutritional value of their food? I am super curious how they do it. They only eat meat when they manage to catch a rat, surely they don’t get much other animal stuff either as those are more expensive than, like, corn and of course one can have a pretty well functioning body on plants alone (not everyone but many) but it has big conditions and not starving on the cheapest crap is very important.

So I will be fine. But I want the optimal thing and I need to work for it.

I may try only meat once, I surely would lose fat rapidly due to the dropped calorie intake and that’s one of my main goal now but nope, I can’t do it. Not hedonistic. Forget it.

Noope, I always ignored and went against “diet info”. it has nothing to do with diets! It’s not about fat-loss. It’s basic body facts. I am a human, not a shrew. I am a bit fat too and quite well-fed, I mean, I am okay even regarding most micronutrients. A few days without eating is normal, our history and evolution made sure of it.
It may be a torture and may not be. I know you are against fasting and I always respond to it with my attitude against force-feeding. Eating is a torture too if you don’t want it. Worse than fasting, even. Both are bad if done wrong, we need balance. We all need times when we eat and times when we don’t. Fasting can be a bliss! :smiley: I just can’t do it long nowadays, oh well.
But I didn’t mean it’s ideal or enjoyable. I talked about my NEEDS. My big, well-fed, naturally inclined to some fasting body clearly doesn’t need food every day to work properly. I don’t get weak just because I had no food for a few days. I work as I should. My body is a tad too food obsessed and like stability so it may give me hunger signs too often… Well no, actually it doesn’t. I have no idea what would happen if I waited for some proper hunger but I want to experiment with it! I must know :slight_smile: Any negative effect comes so slowly I often eat way before that. I shouldn’t. I want to maximize my fasts. Not all the time if my body gets confused, I need my food longer term, after all. I am not even into long EF at all, I never want to do that. But a few days? That seems the best idea ever - if my body cooperates as it’s impossible without that for me.
We will see.

Torture :smiley: I am a hedonist. If I desire for food, any food, I eat it :smiley: No need to worry about self-torture. I am way too indulgent.

I never dieted. My only fat-loss diet was cutting my carbs and eating my fill…
Once I fasted for 120 hours but mostly due to curiosity, it was fun! :smiley: I still had my high-carb woe that time but fasting always was easy for me (when my body cooperated or even initiated it. I can’t avoid fasting if my body wants it as I can’t force-feed myself). Until carnivore, at least.
Sigh.
But it’s so not over yet!

Thanks, I am more sure of my goals of ever, thinking over things through writing is a thing in my life.

(I probably just will blindly following the whims of my body and not conscious mind as usual but I am hopeful I can make positive changes already.)

I eat all the time I need is and many times when I definitely don’t. And my overeating skills are huge, my attitude about eating as little as I can (my eating is mostly controlled by other things like hunger and desires, it helped me with choosing my right food) was quite right in the last decade (I still ate too much, of course, it’s me). It’s unfortunately means I must eat as much as I can per meal on extreme low- carb and it’s often hard but these are really specific problems of mine, I should handle them.
Obviously this attitude is horrible for most people. But I need it. Or needed it. It worked wonderfully in the beginning, I ate a bit above 2000 kcal (it’s super little food! but it was enough on low-carb while I had novelty) and slowly lost fat. I always was so nicely satiated but didn’t eat a ton needlessly. Just a little, well that’s a need for my mind… That was good.

But I will do my best to maximize my fatty meat consumption, who knows, maybe it makes the timing and mealsize problem disappear? I don’t even care about my mealsize directly, it just never works with small ones and they are horribly annoying too, almost anything but that.

Seriously, these are my own little problems, I try not to write too much about them in the future. I clearly will mention it, at least briefly (me, briefly. sure).

[…]
Next day, I start with some relaxed attitude, I just eat whatever. Of course, it’s impossible to do 100%, we always have circumstances and need to make a lot of conscious decisions but with enough fatty pork, it’s less in my case… Until I get bored of it but I probably desire many, many eggs at that point.

Yesterday we drank our last beer… I think it was enough for this summer :slight_smile: I can drink carbonated water too, “almost” the same just not bitter and my body have zero complains (if I had more carbs than ideal, it dislikes beer too)… Not like I have any now, I had to choose this week when I braved myself and cycled to the tiny town in the heat (suncream forgotten again), 4l carbonated water or 90 eggs…

(Linda ) #217

@Shanita I see it alot on the boards ppl saying they eat til full then just as you said you’d have an aversion to meat…
Maybe that’s part of the process of learning your amounts taking it to that point not one bite more…
I can’t speak to that though I love meat always have even as a kid I’d save the best til last and absolutely enjoy every single bite…
But I did get that way with bacon for awhile didn’t want it didn’t need it one strip for awhile was just to much couldn’t handle the taste.
…so maybe that is our body telling us…we don’t need that any more.
Interesting I never thought about that I love how talking things out makes us look at things slightly from a different angle…

I kind of made a point of doing that this morning with my roast ate the fattiest bits I could see first then the leaner stuff before I knew it yup didn’t want any more and haven’t been back to snack…
Maybe for me sub consciously the diet mode lingers on… we will see how long before I get hungry…

Lots to ponder on…great convo guys keep it coming…

That was Bear Owsley’s stance - eat a plate of meat, start with the fat, then move onto the lean. I think it’s great advice.