Eggsperiment mkII - big improvement

(Running from stupidity) #21

Yes, your L is our XL - I should have known you had vanity sizing for eggs, just as for clothing…

The calculator lets you adjust for room temp or fridge, it seems to be pretty smart. If nothing else it’s FASCINATING :slight_smile:

I bet if you tried 23 seconds past the minute they would be perfect every time. 22 just doesn’t cut it. :egg::clock10:

(Running from stupidity) #23

IKR? It makes me LOL every time it spits out a time :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #24

Now cooking

:eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #26

ADHD brain, so I don’t forget what I cooked them at :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #27

HOWEVER, #ADHDBRAIN forgot to post the results…

It’s pretty close, prob needs another degree and another minute or so. I’ll add one to each RIGHT NOW. Basically, temperature controls the white, and time controls the yolk.

:rofl:

Good to know. Undercooked eggwhites = :nauseated_face: for me.

(Running from stupidity) #29

Yeah. Not by much, mind you, but a bit. Still very edible, unlike 63C eggs (without blanching), which would be pushing it for a lot of people.

#notaneggeggspert

(Running from stupidity) #30

So, today is 19m @ 70C.

#ADHDBRAIN

Once you’ve settled on the perfect parameters for amazing eggs every time, you could go into “make money from keto” mode and sell the whole thing as a 1 button only perfect egg cooker.

New! The Eggtravaganza! Pop your egg in the chute, let us worry about the magic, you worry about the eggasm! Also available the right way up for non-Australian users.

Of course you don’t tell them it’s just a sealer + sous vide + juice-calibrated timer.

(Running from stupidity) #32

GENIUS!

(Running from stupidity) #33

Maybe we could have a keto-specific one called “The Egg-Fast” :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #34

OK, so, getting closer. The whites need a little bit more temp, and the yolk a TOUCH more time. Maybe. The yolk actually got pretty firm in the second egg I ate after it had been sitting for a while.

I’ll up them both by one again tomorrow and see what happens.

(Running from stupidity) #35

OK, so I think this was 71C/21m. Yolks over, whites still under.

72C/20m for lunch.

(Running from stupidity) #36

OK, so, this is pretty close as well.

I went a bit mad and did 74C/17m. The whites were a bit over, and the yolks were too, although still liquid in the middle.

I really need to spreadsheet this data.

(Running from stupidity) #37

74C/15m

Whites might have been a little over, sticking to the shell a bit. Yolks pretty good.

That sounds more like my kind of egg. The sticky bit would be a bit annoying but worth it for a properly cooked white :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #39

Yeah, pretty much :slight_smile:

Tomorrow I’ll try 73C/15m and see how it goes.

Noice documentation :wink: