Egg Loaf

(Dee) #1

I saw a recipe earlier this week on social media for Egg Loaf. It looked some simple and interesting enough that I decided to try it last night. My son loved it! This morning I threw a few slices in a buttered skillet, sprinkled cinnamon on top with a little sweetener and added a little sugar free vanilla syrup (that I have occasionally in my coffee). It was SOOOOO good! The texture is just like french toast as is the taste. I am so pleased with the outcome. I will make this again on occasion. I brought my finished product to work to eat at my desk. My open-minded coworkers smelled it, asked about it and I offered them a piece. They were amazed at the fact that is wasn’t actually french toast! They raved about it; which made my heart smile. :hugs:

RECIPE/INGREDIENTS:

8 oz cream cheese (softened)
8 eggs
4 tbsp butter (softened)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 or 2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp of sweetener

Mix well, pour into parchment paper lined loaf pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

(I used an electric mixer and baked mine for 40 minutes.)

(Short224) #2

This looks amazing however I’m not sure I could refrain from eating the entire loaf :yum:

(Dee) #3

:joy:

Basically a variation of the “cream cheese pancakes” recipe. I do mine in the microwave:

Big bowl of “custard” (based on cream cheese pancakes)

Ingredients:

• 3 Eggs
  • 3 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • EZ-Sweetz as needed

Directions:

• Blend all ingredients together (I use a Magic Bullet)
  • Pour into a microwave bowl
  • Microwave for 60 seconds, stir, 60 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until mixture is set.
  • Top with whipped topping, fruit, or syrup (as if they were pancakes).

(Dee) #5

Sounds quick and easy. I’ll have to try!

This looks wonderful! I’m going to make this!

(Brian) #7

When I first saw it, I wasn’t sure whether I would even like it. But after reading through the ingredients list and thinking about it, it does look like something I might want to try sometime.

I’ve never been a big French Toast fan, I would eat it if someone set it in front of me, but wouldn’t likely eat much if given full grazing privileges at the breakfast buffet. Then again, I was never much of a pancake guy either until my wife started making keto coconut pancakes. Those are some good eats.

Thanks for the recipe, and the pictures!

(Dee) #8

It is definitely worth giving a shot :yum: I’ll have to look into those pancakes!