Egg Fasting 101

(Christopher James Hale) #41

All, there is really no such thing as “Egg Fasting”, well at least as it is meant to be used. Fasting means no eating. Egg Fasting therefore means no eating eggs.

I myself am carbohydrate fasting by eating lots of eggs.

Keep calm and Keto On.

Can you let us know how to refer to these fasts -

water fasting (“fasting with water,” I guess?)

fat fasting (only fat, so that would be “protein and carbohydrate fasting”)

egg fasting (as above… this would be “egg and tablespoon of fat/egg feasting and nothing else except water and maybe some coffee,” which is kind of a mouthful)

(James storie) #43

I know egg “fasting” doesn’t make sense as we understand a fast, but this is what it has always been called. @jeremystorie didn’t invent this, it’s been around for quite some time. I believe Jimmy Moore once did a month long egg fast when he was originally trying to get into ketosis after his success with Adkins. I don’t remember where I heard that bit of info, but I believe it’s true. I’m calling dibs right now on a bacon & egg fast! It’s mine, and I’m not sharing! Hahahahaha!

(Jeremy Storie) #44

Normally a fast is not named for what you are abstaining from but for what you are taking in. For example, " water fast" (no food, only water), " fat fast" (only fat macros when hungry), and so on.

(Christopher James Hale) #45

Hmmmm, good question, I’m not sure. I guess I brought it up because of how it hurts my brain when I hear “egg fast” and I know it is meant to mean only eating eggs, but it intellectually means, abstaining from eggs. Just like it hurts my brain when I hear “ATM machine “ which translated means “automatic teller machine machine “. Weird I know. But a lot of people think I’m weird for only eating once or twice a day and only high fat protein when I do.

As for a name for only eating eggs, maybe egg only diet. Not clever, I know.

(Christopher James Hale) #46

Actually fast is most commonly paired with breakfast, which means stop not eating.

Quirky thoughts in my head I know, but when I hear egg fast, it literally means eating no eggs.

(Christopher James Hale) #47

Ahhhh, it was Jimmy that started the term. It still isn’t right.

(Sophie) #48

A natural born engineer if ever I heard one. AmIright? :laughing:

(James storie) #49

No, I don’t think it was even him, he’s just the first I know of to do it.

Nah I did the Bacon & Egg Fast™ last month and trademarked the term :rofl:

(James storie) #51

Dang it! Oh well!

(JLY ) #52

So I started the egg fast today just to try it for a challenge. Does bacon grease count as an acceptable substitute for butter…?

(VLC.MD) #53

Heh. It must.
My taste buds don’t like eggs cooked in bacon nectar. I wish they did.

(Jeremy Storie) #54

Yes! It is my preferred fat for an egg fast :grin:

(JLY ) #55

Thanks! I’ve been eating my omelettes with it & wanted to make sure I was doing this whole thing right

Starting a very modified egg fast today that includes bacon, avocado, broth and lettuce. Just because I want to.

I’m super stoked that I did not gain any weight during nearly three weeks of traveling in September. Woo-hah!

I plan to do some extended fasting later this month but felt like an egg fast first. Aiming for 2-3 days.

(Christopher James Hale) #57

Yes you are my Keto friend. Got me.

(Sophie) #58

My dad and my husband are both engineers…I can smell them a mile away. lol :smile:

(Doug) #59

:slightly_smiling_face: Sounds delicious! Great combination, Gatita. :sunglasses:

Ha! I didn’t even get around to eating the bacon or lettuce today… but there’s always breakfast :smiley: