Egg Fasting 101

(Jeremy Storie) #21

Yep, I do one every now and then. Anywhere from 3 days to 5 depending on my mood and how soon I’m sick of eggs :grin:

(Laurie Ann Murabito) #22

Jeremystorie, how are you feeling?

Is it essential to eat so many hours of the day while doing an egg fast? With breakfast and lunch not much of an option or desire, I’m just wondering…

(Jeremy Storie) #24

I feel good.

(Jeremy Storie) #25

I just eat when I’m hungry, most days I would average 3 meals but I did have one day with only two. I don’t think it matters. Just listen to your body.

Thanks for this, I thought the same, but wondered about “rules” :wink:

(Sophie) #27

I decided to give this a whirl. I usually IF 16/8 on most days because I’m just not hungry in the mornings so it’s a natural for me. So, today is day 3.

Day 1: 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch, lots of salt!
4 eggs scrambled in 3 tbs bacon juice and about 1oz assorted cheese for dinner. Honestly, I thought I was going to bust I was so full.

Yesterday, Day 2: 3 hard boiled + 2tbs mayo mashed up for lunch
1 hard boiled egg for a snack late afternoon
3 eggs scrambled in 2 tbs butter + 1oz mozz cheese melted in for dinner. Again, I was very sated.

This morning I am down 3.2lbs. We’ll see how many eggs I can eat today but it seems like 6-7 is doing me pretty well and I don’t know if I’ll go beyond 3 days or not. Gonna play it by ear. I do like the egg fast though and I’m not sick of them…yet. lol

ETA: Whoever said Keto is expensive is full of it when you can average a dozen eggs over 2 days! :+1:

(Jeremy Storie) #28

Yeah, I noticed that my weight loss peaks after 3 days. The last two days my weight didn’t go down any. I’ll probably just go 3 days from now on. I tend to get a little sick of eggs after that point :grin:

This is another inspiring egg fast story! I would love to see some extra weight go like yours has…

If only my appetite were a wee bit smaller :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I forgot to weigh-in this morning, but I’m also having a “female week” that started just yesterday, so weight will be way off anyhow!
Anyway, I started today, had 3 eggs scrambled in 2Tbutter and 1T bacon nectar at 1120AM, then 2oz mascarpone at 230PM, and 1OZ cheddar when I got home about 3PM.

I’m not hungry, so I need to stay busy and not just dream about eggs and cheese and butter!!!

Let’s hear how it goes for you Sophie, will you do another day?

This is good to know as well…three days and that’s sufficient hm?

I had considered 4 days, but if it won’t be effective, I’d rather have a 22/4 day on day 4 and eat some steak!

(Jeremy Storie) #31

Yeah, I lost the 4 pounds in the first 3 days and just held steady after that.

(Sophie) #32

I probably won’t do tomorrow since it’s lunch with the girls. I don’t do breakfast so I’ll just fast until lunch. I’m interested to see what the weight is in the morning.

Whatever the loss, I just hope to keep it off. If it does, I can see lots more egg fasts in my near future!

another question, any quick answers?..Can we use oat fiber while on an egg fast?

(VLC.MD) #34

Only if you fed the chicken oat fiber.

:slight_smile:

You can, of course. But it would be called a modified egg fast :slight_smile:

Thank you for the fast answer. I’m going to go with the real egg fast…unless waiting to eat until 1120AM is modified as well?
I’m not hungry in the morning…

Thank you for the quick answer, I’ll stick with the REAL egg fast…unless waiting to eat until 1120AM is also modified?

I’m just not hungry in the morning.

(Sophie) #37

Here’s my final.
for Lunch I had 2 hard boiled eggs with 1.5tbs mayo
No snack egg, wasn’t hungry
Last night for dinner I had 3 scrambled eggs but I succumbed to a really cute baby bella mushroom that was staring me in the face, so I chopped that and sauteed it in some bacon juice before I cooked my eggs. It was a weak moment, don’t judge me. lol

I also apparently don’t know how to read my own data chart ffs! My total actual loss for 3 days of eggs is 2.8lbs. I had added an extra 2lbs from the previous day before starting the eggs. All in all I’m saying it’s a winner for me. And I will be doing it more frequently because it was so easy. Good thing I love eggs! Now lets see if the weight says off the next few days.

(Sophie) #38

I ate normally yesterday but noticed that I became full quicker, which I love! This morning, I am up 0.6lbs which is not unexpected. So, officially my 3 day fast is 2.2lbs lost and that’s phenom in my book! Now, I’m toying with the idea of going 5 days on the next try, but just scared of getting burned out on eggs. :thinking: All in all though, I’m sold on an egg fast as a plateau busting tool!

(Jeremy Storie) #39

Yep, it’s my go to plateau busting tool :+1:

(Jon H.) #40

After the Zorn fast I think I shall give this a go. Love my farm fresh pastured eggs. Only eat 25 a week now but have them with bacon so…