Egg Fast

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #61

Try the bacon experiment (bacon fast) or combine the bacon and egg fast. The combo work well for me.

Day 1 for me. Itā€™s my day off so Iā€™m going to do some prep work for the week. Right now Iā€™m just trying to wake up. The one thing I really need to focus on is getting plenty of water. I do better at work than at home when it comes to drinking water.

I did boil a bunch of eggs yesterday. I read they are good for 7 days once boiled, so I decided to get that part done.

Meal 1, Snickerdoodle Crepes. Not pretty at all, but tasted good. I reduced the cream cheese (4T) and butter (4T in the filling, leaving 2T for cooking) to keep the ratios better. I plan to keep cheese below 6 if at all possible, maybe a max of 4 ounces a day.

I ate half the recipe, and packaged the other half for tomorrow at work. Iā€™m stuffed and could not finish it all. Iā€™m going to try to have 2 meals a day (3 eggs at each meal).

(Siobhan) #64

I am doing the same RE 2 meals at 3 eggs per meal.

From 176.8 -> 173 in 4 full days so far (on day 5)
Even half a pound more and Iā€™ll be below my lowest weight so far.
I am going to continue for about another week and then slowly switch out eggs for meat, but try to keep protein around 50g (I am using bantam eggs so less protein).

Last night I had severe mood dipping similar to pre-keto, so I am upping fat from 1tbsp per egg to 1.5-2tbsp per egg, so far my mood is a billion times better after that change.

Last night I used the cinnamon crepe recipe base but swapped cinnamon and sweetener for garlic powder (a pinch). Cooked on both sides until slightly crispy then added taco bell style quesadilla sauce and shredded some cheese and folded over and cooked a bit more until cheese was melty. Plate and add sour cream on top.
Voila! Egg fast quesadilla!

Right now my mood is in the pits! But itā€™s due to outside stress related to work. Itā€™s my day off, and Iā€™m still hearing about what this one awful person has been lying about! Itā€™s driving me crazy.

Got really hungry around 1pm and decided to try the egg waffle recipe as bread. Since I was avoiding using the cream cheese, I tried the variation of using 2 tablespoons of mayo. Then I tried a batch with coconut oil instead of mayo. The coconut oil batch was definitely crispier. I made a sandwich with a slice of cheese in between. However, I did NOT like it. I did manage to eat half of it though. So from what I ate, 1/2 egg, 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, 1/2 ounce cheese.

Later, I made egg salad with 3 eggs, 3 tablespoons mayo, some mustard, dill relish, and some salt/no salt. I also used 2 ounces of ultra thin cheese slices to make some crackers.

Totals for today are 6.5 eggs, 6.5 fats, and 4.5 ounces cheese.

Man, I so want to try this! But this month Iā€™m testing 24 hrs. fasting 3x/week. Can only handle one ā€˜n equals 1ā€™ at a timeā€¦ (lol the equals sign key on my laptop doesnā€™t works)

(Kathy) #68

I just finished day 2 of egg fast diet. After day 1 I lost 0.6. This morning (after day 2) I didnā€™t lose anything. Iā€™m going to try to finish out the 5 days to see if I lose any more.

Keep at it. You will lose weight on the Egg Fast. I lost 5 pounds!

(Kathy) #70

Thank youā€¦I plan on it!

(Siobhan) #71

Weighed last night lost another .5
Putting me at my lowestā€¦ever.
Im just going to keep going until it stops working or until I get bored lol

I was down .8 pounds this morning. Ate the other half of the snickerdoodle crepes this morning, 1 ounce of cheese, and 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of butter for dinner. Todayā€™s totals are 7 eggs, 7 tablespoons of fats, 3 ounces of cheese.

I admit Iā€™m already getting a bit tired of eggs. Having them different ways has really helped. Iā€™m going to make it all 5 days though! And then Iā€™m eating a steak! lol

(Siobhan) #74

I am on day 6. Not bored. I could eat the ā€œquesadillasā€ Iā€™m making every day for like a week - but that has always been a habit of mine. I get stuck on a food and eat it over and over until I find something new or get bored. I get it from mom. So it appears an egg fast is perfect for me. LOL!

I will make those tomorrow night. Iā€™m also going to give the ā€œegg fast wafflesā€ another shot using cream cheese, maybe Thursday night.

(Siobhan) #76

Here is the sauce I use

Just do the spices listed (a pinch or so of each), 1-1.5tbsp mayo per egg (I donā€™t do the sour cream, no need), and instead of the chopped jalapenos I do a bit of the liquid from pickled, jarred jalapenos

Awesome! Thanks!

Made the quesadilla and added the spices to the egg mixture. It was good! Having the eggs taste different (or not even like eggs) has really helped. Down another .6 pounds this morning.

Lunch: 4 deviled eggs (4 eggs, 4 fats)
Dinner: Cheese ā€œquesadillaā€ (2 eggs, 2 fats, 4 ounces cheese)

Down .6 pounds again. So total of 2 pounds for the week.

Lunch: egg salad with 3 eggs, 3T mayo
Dinner: Quesadillas again using 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of butter, 2 ounces of cheese)

Iā€™m fully sick of eggs. One more day. :sweat_smile:

(Siobhan) #80

I am starting to get nauseous at the thought of food so I am just going into a straight water fast. Last time I checked I was at 171.5 or so so thatā€™s 5.3lbs over 8 days or so. Better than a stall for sure!

What Iā€™ve learned is basically that I either need more choline (since I donā€™t really eat stuff with choline), that eggs can be turned into lots of interesting stuff, and I need to reduce protein to about 50g per day. I think before I was eating way over that so no wonder I stalled!

edit: just checked - 171 even, so 5.8lbs lost over about a week