Egg Fast

I’ve also come to the conclusion that I need to limit protein to about 50 grams a day, with maybe a max (on rare occasions) of 70 grams. I’m also going to incorporate more/longer IFs. I was doing (some) 20/4s, but I think I’m going to try 24 hour fasts ~3 times a week (basically several OMAD days).

(Siobhan) #82

I usually do OMAD on pretty much every week day, but I think for some I’m going to mix it up and do breakfast and dinner, and try and incorporate more EF.
I have been “not in the mood” for EF for about a month now… but I think that is because I was getting too much protein which was raising insulin too high for fat to really be nicely available.
With the lowered protein the floodgates of bodily fat opened (WHILE eating 1600-1900kcal a day) which tells me a lot!
I also think I tend to undereat on OMAD

Now for measurements! Pre-egg fast, and post

waist: 31 -> 30.5
thigh: 24 -> 23.5
arm: 14 -> 13.5
hips: 43 -> 41.5

Congrats on your successes with this fast. Now what is that quesadila recipe?

BTW the measurement changes are incredible! Plus the weight loss.

(Siobhan) #84

Thanks!!! It was very informative and interesting as an experiment!

Quesadilla:
Before starting the “crepe” part make the sauce:

1 tbsp of mayo (or however much)
A pinch/sprinkle of each of the spices
juice from a jar of pickled jalapenos (like a tsp)
Let sit so the spices infuse through the mayo

This recipe scaled down to fit 1 meal (ratio is 1 egg to 3/4 oz cream cheese, I swapped the cream cheese with mayo and it was still good)
Mix those two together and cook on both sides until brown, the thinner the “crepe” the better.
Once cooked on one side, while the other side is cooking sprinkle on cheese and add the quesadilla sauce and then fold halfways once the bottom is done cooking (you could also make two crepes and make a full size quesadilla)
Cut into triangles and eat

The quesadilla sauce is EXACTLY like the sauce in taco bell quesadillas if you’ve ever had it
You could also dip in sour cream!!!

OK yum, have to try this! Thank you. I’m hoping to egg fast next month, but only for 4-5 days.

Day 5! I’m so glad I did this egg fast. It has taught me a lot. I may do egg fasts again in the future, but I will probably limit it to 3 days. Down .4 pounds today. Down to “my lowest weight” again that I obtained after my 3 day fast 2 weeks ago.

I hope going forward that my weight loss continues without it feeling like such a struggle. I’m definitely going to IF and EF (in addition to keeping my protein lower like on the egg fast).

Now to figure out how to get 20 carbs or less, around 50 grams of protein, and lots and lots of fats in one meal!

My food today…

3 scrambled eggs and 3T butter/1 ounce of cheese for lunch
3 egg omelette with butter/bacon grease (3T worth) and a couple different types of cheese = 3 ounces of cheese for dinner

I should have been more creative, but I don’t have much time during the week. Next time I’ll try to improve on that.

(Andi Nakata) #88

Ok back from vacation and motivated by this thread. I’m trying it M-F next week to get back on track!

(Adam L) #89

Thanks for tip on the Mayo, tried it today using my homemade Mayo & they turned out great, nice swap for those of us cutting down/out dairy.

Believe it or not, day one off the egg fast and I actually ate eggs! LOL And they were good. So don’t worry about getting truly sick of eggs while on the egg fast. :smile:

(Renee) #91

So stumbled across this egg fast ‘thing’ today, and after eggs, butter and a little cheese for breakfast I’m starting today :joy: I’ve been a bit fluey (not keto, just sick lol) for the past few days and haven’t had much of an appetite, still don’t really but figured I may as well go hard with some egg protein for a few days. I used some sharp cheddar but didn’t go well with the eggs. I’m not overly keen on BPC but am fond of coffee with about 20ml pure cream, figure this should be ok? Maybe 2/day. Now to check those other recipes! I love mayo but get very squeamish about the raw egg in them, any substitute ideas? For this reason I’ve been having the lowest carb and sugar commercial variety I can find, is this ok- kind of?

I think some do this, I’m not a coffee drinker though. To balance, you could keep your cheese closer to 4 ounces instead of 6.

As for the mayo, I still buy mayo at the store. I worry about the soybean oil the most. Mine has 0 carbs (most mayo should have 0 carbs). I got over the squeamish and made some mayo and used it for my LC mac sauce. I’m slowly going to ween myself off the soybean crap.

Hi everyone!
I think I need some help today. I started on keto about one year ago but have been out of the wagon for about 3 months due to a very stressful period of time at work. I am 1.57 mts , 81 kg and 51 years old. I started this WOE weighing 85 kg October last year and after Christmas holidays , on January I reached 73 kg with keto.I bounced 73-71 kg for about 7 months, but then, a cocktail of stress, sleepless and very bad decisions about food , I reached 90 kg! so the beginning of October was my time to restart on keto. I lost easily 8 kg the first 3 weeks I have been stalled since then.I have to say I fast ( following Dr. Fung intructions) 18/6 , but does not help at all. So I decided to give a try to Egg fast diet found in the amazing web I breathe , I am hungry ( 6 eggs+ 6 spoon oil + about 60 gramms of cheese, nothing more than water and unsweetened tea). Today is my 4rth day and have decided to end the 5 days depending on my weight today. I really have enjoyed the last three days, I have had a little sleeplessness ( I usually sleep 8 hours but these days my nights have been split several times and a total sleep of 6 hours), but I am plenty of energy and I totally can control my hunger) but the scale does not move at all. I feel so frustrated that I could cry.Sorry if I that sound silly , but I really try to stick to the plan and have no results.Having on sight the next holidays, I am feeling terryfing right now .What I am doing wrong?. Thank you for your attention.

(Loulwa Al Atasi) #94

Hi everyone! I love this forum. So I was wondering do I have to eat all the fat can I eat like lets say 4 Tbsp ? I been on Keto for 2 months only lost 4 pounds so I’m going to try the egg fast for 5 days. Then maybe try cutting out all the cheese :frowning: if the egg fast doesnt work.

(Jeannine Hunter) #95

I also started in January of 2018 - and down 17 lbs to about the same numbers as you. My best weight loss was by July 4th. Since then I’ve gone up about 5 and keep fluctuating within 5 lbs. I’m trying the egg fast now on day 2 and down 1.8 but still not to my lowest weight in July. Hoping it will do the trick.

(Daisy) #96

I’m on my second egg (feast) this week. Down almost 4 lbs in 3 days, but I had gained 8 lbs in the 2 weeks prior, so it’s not exactly a success yet lol. Good luck!!

(Jenny) #97

in my experience you do not have to eat “all the fat you can”. eat a normal amount and more if you’re not feeling satiety, which to me means not hungry but not stuffed. for example I would use a tbsp butter to cook my eggs. eat whatever butter remains, if any in the pan with the eggs… . and not worry about adding extra :slight_smile: