Egg drop soup, a forgotten soup?

I love easy food, that can be ready in less than 10 minutes.

Egg drop soup are one of those and you can add whatever you want of spices to it.

The basic for my egg drop soup are:

1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth
1spring onion, chopped
2eggs, stired together with chop sticks.

I bring the broth to boil, add the spring onion and then while stiring with the chop sticks, pour the eggs into the middle of the pot. Done, you now have a basic egg drop soup.

I like using butter in mine, or full fat coconut milk, tumeric, ginger, pepper and chili powder.

Basic egg drop soup contains little fat, but that is no problem if you add it to your soup, or drink a BC etc.

I love soups made with chicken broth, and when my throat is sore( quite often because I live with ME/CFS) it’s easy to swallow because of the soft texture of the eggs.

(Polly) #2

Thank you. That does sound good and I have a pot of chicken broth on the stove at the moment. Mmm!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

My keto daughter makes egg drop soup with 3 eggs when in a hurry and she loves it.

It’s also nice if you add a bit of chopped kimchi to the broth :slightly_smiling_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

I might make some this week with fresh chicken bone broth.

Think I’ll do the same - haven’t had it in some time which is sad because it really is quick, nutritious & tasty.

I seldom eat as little as 2 eggs in one meal. I have tried 3 eggs when the eggs are small, but I don’t like to much eggs in it, so I rather eat some meat or other protein at the side.
But as you say, it is a quick meal, less than 5 minutes. Nice when you are in a hurry.