ECA stack combined with KETO and FASTING

Dear all,

Does someone can tell me if you can take a supplement like ECA stack during ketosis and fasting? Ingredients are:

• High cafeïne
  • High asparine
  • High ephidrine

Thank you for the science.

(Windmill Tilter) #2

The good news is that it will help you burn fat a little faster. The bad news is that this supplement was deemed sufficiently dangerous to be made illegal in the US after the FDA found it to be a risk factor for stroke, psychosis, siezures, and death. Sounds a bit risky.

If you are doing fasting, you’re already asking a lot of your adrenal system/thyroid. Adding exogenous ephedrine into the mix might be a bad idea irrespective of those other risks. That might be something worth looking into as a risk factor all by itself.

That’s my 2 cents anyway.

(Jack Bennett) #3

Depends on what “high” looks like. You could try it and see and if it gives you the results you’re looking for, stick with it.

Bodybuilding blogs and forums might also offer some information or personal reports, since that looks like a bodybuilding supplement stack. :muscle:

(Bunny) #4

If you like don’t like sleeping?

Sounds like a samich!

That’s like a sister version of crystal meth in a pill!

References:

[1] “…Meth is sometimes sold as a pill known as yaba. The colored tablets, which contain a mix of caffeine and approximately 30 percent methamphetamine, are usually green or reddish-orange…” …More

image link

Taken in the right dosage you should be okay. I used to take the stuff before it was illegal in the U.S. It was in the original “Ripped Fuel”, but some idiots didn’t use it for the intended purpose and took the recommended dosage times 10 and would explode their hearts. The stuff actually worked quite well for and over the counter fat burner. I’ve found nothing to compare to it since and I’m at an age now where I try not to take stuff like that.

(Troy) #6

Awe yes flashback weekend!
WHAM💥

The memories

Just RememberIng the ephedra pre-2004 days

Doing the " jitter bug " dance all the time .

wake me up before I go-go…THE JITTER BUG :rofl:

Guilty here
:sweat:

(Bunny) #7

Lol that looks familiar! Been their, done that!

Constant endless insomnia for days in a bottle!:crazy_face:

Can never forget that label, was crying because I could not sleep!

More like nightmare in a pill?

(Alex ) #8

@Dappre

I have tried A LOT of ECA stacks, and have found them good and bad for different reasons…

Firstly, here in the UK, they are essentially restricted / illegal / banned for sale here and therefore I have to buy them from overseas - so that’s the first issue!

They are pretty good for exercise (mostly the ephedrine and caffeine) but poor quality brands can make you feel very jittery, sweaty and a bit anxious. I would say 50% of the ones I’ve used I gave up on after a few weeks because of this.

Also, ephedrine has a half life, so as you’re using it, it’s potency gets less and less as time goes on, so whilst you may experience better fat burning, reduced appetite, a good mental buzz and more energy, this will wear off after 1-2 weeks, and you’ll need to up the dose.

Regular breaks on/off ephedrine/ECA are usually advocated by people who use them.

Definitely not a magic bullet, but pretty useful if you’re exercising. Not sure about fasting, I think you’d get very jittery, and the % increase of fat burning would be very moderate.

All they are doing is very slightly increasing the body temperature and thermogenic response and caffeine is pretty much the main ingredient doing this. Be careful what you buy, send me links if you want and I’ll have a look.

A lot of opinions but no science based.

Just so you know- they can be addictive and - unlike HEROIN- the withdrawal can kill you.
I wouldn’t touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole. There is a reason it was banned.

It was banned because of the abuse by not following dosage recommendations. I was pretty heavy into lifting back at the height of the ECA stack popularity. The recommended dosage was completely safe for anyone without an underlying condition. I took it more than once and if heroin was easier to stop, then there would definitely not be a heroin epidemic. It’s like everything else, the drug addiction community found out that they could get a high if taken in obscene amounts and the people that took it responsibly and benefitted from it were the losers. Two capsules of original ripped fuel (ECA) every six hours wasn’t going to hurt you.

Now days though , they would be cooking the stuff up in their meth concoction. Back years ago I took some Phentermine and a recommended ECA stack didn’t come close to comparing to the jolt you got from that prescription drug and Phentermine remains available.

@Bobt
It was banned for a reason. Usually the effect wears off and this is why the dosage is increased. Those who became addicted risked death when trying to get off of it. Thats what I am trying to tell you. Withdrawal from heroin is highly uncomfortable- but it wont kill you. Withdrawal from amphetamines can kill you. I would never ever touch such pills- and I studied medicine so I know about it. It is one of the last drugs I would ever want in my system. And I would never recommend it to anybody.

I don’t know how old you are, but I promise you when the drug was taken off the market it was not because of people taking the recommended doses that was found in the ECA stacks. It was due to people taking 10x that dose . Sudafed was also removed from the shelves when the drug addicts and irresponsible people started abusing it (have to sign papers to get it now). The only difference with Sudafed is that it’s a needed drug. There was thousands of people that took ECA stacks safely before it was banned. I agree it could be dangerous in unrecommended doses, but to compare it to heroin is a stretch. Mt. Dew is also addictive by the way.

@Bobt
You are not getting me. i am not comparing it to heroin. I am telling you that the withdrawal from heroin is not deadly. The withdrawal from amphetamines can be DEADLY.
Also- those people who increased their dosages did it for a reason, because the effect wears off and then they needed more.

The topic was about the ECA stack. Not about taking obscene amounts of the drug. We have people that abuse alcohol too, should it be banned for those that don’t too? Just saying.

I was just laying the facts out there that it became banned because people found out they could get a high off it and starting taking non-recommended unsafe doses.

@Bobt
Well it seems that the liver produces enzymes to deal with the amphetamines. These enzymes increase with time so the amphetamines don’t work as well as they used to. Thats when people increase their dosage on their own.

(Chris) #17

RiteAid sells Ephedrine as Bronkaid. You just have to ask the pharmacist for it and provide ID. I’ve had it. There’s some jitters but it’s manageable for me. I didn’t really notice much in the way of fat loss.

I agree it might not be the most healthy thing and has a risk of abuse (sort of like beer), but the ECA stack did work and was found to be safe when taken as directed (and healthy). Phentermine actually gave me a bigger jolt and it’s still available under a doctor’s care, so that is the big difference. Pretty much the exact same side effects. Unlike Phentermine, Ephedra was available unregulated and was dangerous when abused and banned. If Anheuser-Busch owned the rights to the herb it might still be available. It does work and is still available in a lot of places.

Isnt it better if we encourage people here to do keto and not take medications to influence their metabolism with the potential to be harmful? I find it more than enough to get rid of the fattening influence of insulin and to turn on the body`s own fat burning machine. The rest kind of falls into place by itself. Why do we have to rush things or reach out to unnatural chemicals? Here I sit in the evening watching TV - previously my snack time because I was forever hungry while on carbs - and right now I need nothing. I will see if I want my eggs for breakfast tomorrow morning or not. If not, then I will eat sometime in the afternoon and will find myself in IF in a natural way because I am simply not so hungry anymore. But if I do eat the eggs - thats Ok too because it is keto. Whats the rush?

Perfectly fine. I’ve not taken an ECA stack in twenty years, but do have first hand knowledge since I have used them. I also know the history in why they were taken off the shelves and it wasn’t because the ECA dosage stack for fat burning was dangerous. The guy asked about it. 1) It works 2) It’s safe when taken as directed 3) It can be abused. 4) Make the choice if you want to use it.

I’m fine with people putting the risks out there, but I also want to put the real story behind why it was pulled of the shelves.