Eat sugar. Get ugly

(Joey) #1

Notwithstanding my pleasure at seeing any new study touting the benefits of avoiding refined carbs, this one cracks me up…

Beyond the obvious stupidity of the hypothesis, testing protocol, and reported conclusions being drawn, here’s a bonus chuckle…

The article itself cites the fact that the study’s subjects were limited to individuals with all four grandparents being of European lineage. And yet the UPI selected a picture of an Asian couple (on a high carb date?) to illustrate the point.

I often roll my eyes when reading UPI articles, but I had wrongly assumed that their mastermind editors were actually bothering to read the drafts they’re supposed to be editing. :roll_eyes:

Takeaway: Dietary sugar. It’s not pretty.

(Bob M) #2

That article is all over the place.

(KM) #3

And then again, like they say about babies smiling, maybe it’s just gas. Carb farts, leading to tense, anxious faces, which are perceived as less attractive. Makes about as much sense …

(Rossi Luo) #4

When I looked at a photo taken before following Keto, I felt that my face looked dim and swollen, actually I was not very fat at that time, so this study makes sense at least to me!