Drivers and Keto

(Rick) #1

I am currently in process of restoring my CDL, and will get back to driving, but I’ll be keto this time. Any of you keto drivers out there have any helpful advice on how to make it work on the road?? Still don’t know who I’ll be with, suggestions in that regard will be greatly appreciated as well!!

(Stacy Blanchard) #2

I had to look up what CDL is so I guess you will know I am not one. I think it mean you do truck driving for work, is that right? If it is, it will be easier. I feel like being fat adapted gives you freedom from food. Instead of it controlling when, where and how you stop to eat you are in the metabolic drivers seat. Sorry, I couldn’t help the pun.

(Rob) #3

I think @CandyLindTX and @Baytowvin are both commercial drivers and have offered up their experience in this regard. Check out their posts for more (search for their username + a keyword e.g. driving) plus I think other drivers chip in in the relevant threads.

There are definitely several active on these boards.

(Rick) #4

Thanks!! I’ve already been cruising the search results. I also wanted to try to let others know I am a driver as well and get some more info, if possible. :smiley:

(Rob) #5

The weird thing is, I’ve read lots of comments on driving, often buried in random threads, but it is hard to find them with the search and obvious search terms, hence using the known drivers to focus it… good luck.

(Candy Lind) #6

You can make it work - there are several drivers on here, and your post is going to finally kick me into gear to set up a Newbies topic specifically for professional drivers. In the meantime, here’s what my driver hubby got for lunch when he stopped for the day about an hour ago:

I told him to go easy on the onions … :smiling_imp: :rofl:

(Jay AM) #7

Thanks to @CandyLindTX, we are hiding out in this topic.