Dr Berg or Dr Berry?

conversationstarters

In my opinion, Dr. Berry is the real deal, Berg is a quack chiropractor and snake oil salesman and DeLauer is pretty interesting but it irritates me when he has fake doctors in his vids. But, that’s just me and I have an aversion to chiropractors, whom I generally consider to be frauds.

On the other hand, I have no medical training at all, I’ve learned a ton and converted my own M.D. to low carb, even though he must be careful because it’s outside the standard of care. So, I suppose, even a chiropractor could, possibly, learn that not all illness and disease are caused by “subluxations” of the spine. The added issue with Berg, though, is that, unlike someone like Dr. Berry, who really wants to help real people, Berg is just selling over priced supplements and programs that serve no real purpose other than to make him rich and 50% of what he teaches is wrong.

well, yes the MD after their name is not necessary to give you nutritional advice, however, an RD should be a must. That is their expertise. And of course doctors get it wrong. Things evolve, research improves and people learn, however, giving so much credit to someone who is not an RD or not even an MD and feel qualified to talk about vaccines, or feel qualified to teach nutrition on the internet is really far beyond his scope of practice. Keto is not a magic pill. It serves some people, it doesnt serve everybody. HE is selling a lot of useless supplements and giving a lot wrong information to the public.

(Keto Omad) #83

Sorry but (in my experience) I trust an RD even less than I trust an MD when it comes to nutritional advice, based on dogma they have been taught. It seems to me that RDs are the ones that are always in your face about getting enough whole grain in your diet because your body “needs it” and we have to be careful about getting too much fat because it will clog your arteries.

thats not true at all. There are MANY RDs practicing intuitive eating, and many RDs rejecting the diet mentality. I find it funny that you say RD are basing their advice on dogma, when that is all the keto “Drs” are doing. Do you want anyone MORE dogmatic than Dr Berg?? He thinks keto is the ONLY way. Its absurd. ANd if you dont truest MDs, RDs, etc, well, how can you trust a chiropractor?? Seriously, how? Specially someone that has nothing published under his name, he hasnt done any of his own research and has not been trained in the field? WOuld you agree to have open heart surgery with a lawyer? Or have your car repaired by a nurse?? I dont get the logic

(bulkbiker) #85

That may be true but if you get out in the world you’ll see that there are loads more who follow the ancient dogma and who try to silence any contrary arguments… In Australia this is especially the case with Low Carb RD’s having licenses to practise withdrawn due to their advocating low carb… and of course in South Africa there was dietician Claire who caused the whole Noakes trial.
I think your statement should read “there are some RD"s” the many I’m afraid are still following the low fat mantra.

even if that is the case, there is simply not enough evidence YET for it being amazing as people claim long term. Wether people like that or not. High fat has had many anecdotal success, but it is simply not a consensus.

(Jane) #87

Where do you live? Perhaps a place a little more progressive than Houston or rural Arkansas?

I have NEVER met a RD who didn’t advocate a low fat diet even if not trying to lose weight, but ESPECIALLY if trying to lose weight.

(bulkbiker) #88

So what?
Why does it have to be “consensus”? shouldn’t we be looking at data … and I don’t mean mice studies…
There will never ever be a solid trial of human nutrition because… to put it simply, it involves people and we simply can’t take 500k and lock them up and feed them specific diets for their entire lives and see when and how they die. If you haven’t seen the huge amount of evidence of the efficacy of the way we eat here then maybe you should read around a bit more…?

same applies for keto then

(Jane) #90

I disagree. People 50-100 years ago in the US ate diets high in saturated fat and heart problems and cancer were not the leading causes of deaths.

(bulkbiker) #91

" If you haven’t seen the huge amount of evidence of the efficacy of the way we eat here then maybe you should read around a bit more…?" The evidence is here on this forum… why would we lie?

and people nowadays in the blue zones (where the longest living centenarians live ) eat a high carb diet. SO…

(bulkbiker) #93

No they don’t and if they do now you can be pretty sure that the centenarians still going strong now didn’t in the past…

(Jane) #94

So… you joined 2 weeks ago and so far your only posts here are to argue AGAINST keto?

Why are you here then?

Yes they do. Read Dr Valter LOngo, or watch his interviews

(bulkbiker) #96

No thanks I find him extraordinarily difficult to listen to and don’t credit his mouse studies with much credibility…

Yes, Dr Berg is easy to listen to. Maybe thats why he is so popular

(bulkbiker) #98

Not with me he isn’t… Give me Dr Bikman any day
I like the cut of his jib and what he says makes so much more sense than most.

(Doug) #99

Mark, cheers to you for having been here a year. :slightly_smiling_face:

That picture of Dr. Bikman cracks me up - he looks so intent.

(bulkbiker) #100

2 years…and yes he does look very intent there …more natural in the video…