Dr Berg or Dr Berry?

conversationstarters

I may have recommended one or the other’s videos a couple of times, but I reserve the right to dislike anyone, anytime, for any reason, so I don’t take sides. :grin:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #42

I too watched a few Berg videos when first exploring keto. But once I figured out his deal I wasn’t grateful for him getting me I’m the door, I was mad he wasted my time.

Dr. Berry may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I think he’s giving sound medical advice (and I do think he’s funny.) I appreciate he tries to help people with limited resources make keto work for them. Grass fed beef is great, but if all you can afford is eggs and hotdogs then start there. There are some topics he speaks on I don’t know enough about to say he’s right, but those topics aren’t relevant to me. If they were I’d do more research.

But if I want serious keto advise aimed at someone in my circumstances, it’s Dr Westman. (I say as I eat a handful of non-page-4 pumpkin seeds.) he’s put in the time treating patients, and seems like a reasonable, humble guy.

(Jeb Bower) #43

Berry all the way…although, I wish he would ditch the air pods he’s always wearing.images

(Jeb Bower) #44

We’ve got a guy like that right by my house. Opened a chiropractic practice. Apparently that wasn’t going great so then he started advertising physicals, i.e. school sport, DOT, etc. I guess that wasn’t bringing the patients in either because now he’s the “Newtown Health Center for Weight Loss”.

Naturally, as a fat guy, I tried to check it out. There’s no information available anywhere about how it’s supposed to work, just his claim to lose 1-lb per day without dieting or exercise.

(Chris) #45

I actually prefer it, gives the audience a good shot of all his stretch marks.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #46

Haha! At first I thought you meant Dr Berry’s AirPods! What? Are they pointing at jowl stretch marks?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #47

In fact, I prefer to watch him with the sound off, so I can concentrate . . . :grin:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #48

If those are YouTube comments, I’d ignore them. There are a few people, apparently in the pay of the sugar industry, who make a point of posting negative comments on any low-carb/keto YouTube channel.

Dr. Berry may come across as a hayseed, but that very folksy way of presenting his material is intentional; he really knows his stuff. He’s brilliant, is a good doctor, and has read all the studies and can quote them at need. :bacon:

(Running from stupidity) #49

Yep, he does it in an intelligent way. Which points up the massive deficiencies in supposed-professional Jimmy Moore all the more.

(Deborah ) #50

Love Dr. Berry. Don’t care for Dr. Berg.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #51

Berry

(cb833c38c3e2df0d564f) #52

Well written/said

(Sharon) #53

I prefer Dr Berry by a long shot. I think of Berg as a huckster with his snake oil suppliments. When he got to the 7-10 cups of veggies a day I was gone. Mercola is another snake oil salesman. I am a retired RN and I have a great deal of respect for Dr Berry, trophy wife and all. I also like Jason Fung, Perlmutter, Ivor cummins. I can do without Thomas DeLauer and Mike muscle something . Not into body building.

Berg is a Scientologist. 'Nuff said.

(Running from stupidity) #55

Has been for a long time, yeah.

I hope you don’t misunderstand my tone, I’m asking out of curiosity (i haven’t found the time to listen and get to know all of these keto figures :joy: ) and would love to hear your thoughts…what’s wrong with jimmy moore and mercola? I would really like to know :slight_smile: I only know of them :slight_smile:

(Consensus is Politics) #57

“Consensus”? Ask 1939 Germany about consensus. Give me facts, data, science. Consensus isn’t proof. After all, medical nutrition came to a consensus in the 1950’s thanks to Dr Keyes.

Meaning what? Because there is no medical consensus then we should listen to a chiroprator on the internet giving advice about vaccines? Or nutrition?

(bulkbiker) #59

Just not on fasting…

(Brian) #60

I dunno. I wouldn’t want to say that, the part about the trophy wife. I don’t know them personally. But I do know that sometimes people end up together that might not seem like the ideal couple by those looking in from the outside but do really well. My wife and I are just a little over 10 years apart, and I used to think that was a big deal. Really, it’s not. People said it would never last since we met on the internet and married like 6 weeks after seeing each other for the first time. It’s almost 18 years and we’re still like newlyweds sometimes. :wink: We never fight or argue. Life is good.

For what it’s worth, I hope Ken & Neisha are very happy together and that both satisfy the other’s needs in every way a good husband and good wife can. And I hope they have many, many very happy years together. When it’s good, married life can be REALLY good, and I would wish that for everyone.

:slight_smile:

Anyway, not trying to be critical to you, azshari, just sharing a bit of a different perspective.