Dr Berg or Dr Berry?

conversationstarters

@Bellyman

What a great post. I agree with everything you’ve said.

I do still however, watch a Dr Berg vid once in a while…if the title interests me.

I ALSO agree with your cast of characters and would add a few, just as you’ve suggested you would.

(Tovan Nhsh) #22

Dr. Berry hands down.

(Edith) #23

Speak for yourself! :wink:

(Justin Jordan) #24

I have a sneaking suspicion folks are just looking at his thumbnails, because in this videos DeLauer is essentially always wearing…a tee shirt. I guess he could go in for long sleeves or a parka.

(Running from stupidity) #25

Nice list, that.

All good, and I’d add @carl and @richard to the list as well. :slight_smile:

(Bev Anne Moynham) #27

They all have something to offer. Since we are all different we need to get a variety of opinions so that we can sort out our own individual needs.

(Brian) #28

Yes, I thought about them after I hit the post button. Also thought of Dr Hallberg.

Many good ones out there. :slight_smile:

(Kathleen Rose) #29

I’ve unsubscribed from all of them. Too much conflicting and unsubstantiated information. I’m sticking with Volek and Phinney.

I follow all of them but I don’t take what any of them say as gospel. Instead, I look for what’s pertinent or applicable to me. Ideas that work for me, or n=1 experiments I can try.

(Karen) #31

Bikeman Has some really interesting videos

(Mother of Puppies ) #32

Berry, by far

But I’m a Fungster, primarily.

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

Dr. Berry, if he is good enough for Carl to use him as his dr., he is good enough for me.

I found my way to keto via the Atkins route, so I have a special place in my heart for Dr. Westman, love his short videos, and Dr. Phinney. And now, it is Dr. Fung and Megan that I depend the most on for information I can trust.

Thomas Delaurer is a good presenter and nice eye candy. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re awesome. He’s also amazingly polite :slightly_smiling_face:

Delauer and Dr.Berg contradict themselves often - you notice it once you watch a bunch of their videos. Dr.Berg lost me when he started talking anti-vaccination, so I am done with him :wink: Delauer is entertaining to watch, he offers some good advice and info. Dr.Berry is great for beginners, he makes it simple stupid and I recommend his videos to friends who are wondering about keto.

(Running from stupidity) #36

Whoa, stand back. #GENIUSATWORK

No wonder we call him

the funeral director

(Running from stupidity) #37

“Dr” Berg is not a medical doctor, not a nutritionist, not a registered dietitian. I have posted on another thread about him. He is a chiropractor!! This does NOT qualify him to diagnose, treat or give advice to people. He is anti vaccines (he isnt an epidemiologist either), a pharmacist, a researcher, or anything like that. I find that nowadays people are too quick to trust anyone they see on the internet because they may have an appealing personality. Just look at his credentials (chiropractor) and what pseudoscience he is promoting (anti vaccines, “adrenal fatigue” and many other things that go against medical consensus). He oversimplifies physiology so it is easy for people to digest, and this is very appealing. You make sense of hard and complex things and in the mean time he is pushing for overpriced supplements. He is a total quack. He is also a zealot who thinks keto is the salvation for humanity and it suits EVERYDODY (as long as you keep insulin low right?) . NOthing suits everybody. It is absolutely ridiculous. And as I also discussed before, people are treating this diet like a cult.

(Running from stupidity) #39

Well, that rules Berg out…

hahah to you and I maybe, but not for his 2 million subscribers sadly