Dr Berg or Dr Berry?

conversationstarters

(Empress of the Unexpected) #219

Who knew dude? You are totally valued on the forums.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #220

Hmm. . . . does he also look like your urologist and walk like your urologist? :smile:

(John) #221

No - they just have the same accent.

(Running from stupidity) #222

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

Well, you don’t seem close minded, I think it’s understandable to have certain views or assumptions based on the information bias in the culture at large - which keeps me on my toes, always studying & learning stuff.

Am not skeered of Keto being hurt as a movement, as it’s not really a monolith or an organized movement - (or I don’t feel the need to belong to one most of the time). I think organized movements and trends in post-postmodernism are often (but not always) problematic - due to the culture of extreme industrialization and social contagion via digital media. But Keto IS a return to how many and diverse peoples’ great-great grandparents ate - all over the world! :earth_africa: :avocado::steakcake::sheep::coconut::herb::earth_africa:

I’m more comfortable with inclusion of diverse angles and dissent, and robust critical thinking (well-nourished brains, though it doesn’t mean we all agree on everything). The judging of what’s outlandish varies greatly according to one’s background, education, professional/vocational observations, brain functioning, values etc. There’s no monolithic anti-vaccination movement that I know of - informed choice is quite diverse and dissent on one aspect doesn’t mean it’s on some other aspect. But industrialism certainly would like people to just be divided into two camps rather than to be engaging nuance and investigating independently - it’s more profitable on a global scale when cognitive dissonance and/or peer conformity keeps people from questioning the global market-based profits-over-people Status Quo. :thinking:

The valid argument against unproven and systemically overwhelming combined vaccine concoctions vs. single dosages is merely about dosing protocols - not about tossing vaccines - a far cry from that. But that angle is quite suppressed by mainstream media and cultural stereotypes.

The valid argument against injections of newborns and delaying them in very young (under 2 years old) with a focus on nutrient density and maternal support/stress reduction is about child development.

While post-postmodernism tends to dismiss actual critical thinking and dissent in general as conspiracist, there is much critical thinking to bring to a range of issues imho. Recall that the polio return had to do with industrial use of LIVE viruses in injections, which then spread in human society via diapers in landfills then waterways. That vaccine now uses dead virus, finally, but those involved in selling the millions of live virus injections never were held accountable for the harms perpetrated. And the recent measles epidemic in Califorina was determined to have been spread by recently vaccinated children’s sneezes & snot, etc., though the media got it wrong in initial reports with the public assuming the naturally immune were carriers, etc.

There’s also a big difference between what goes on in the U.S. and some other countries. There’s generally overmedicalization and overuse in the U.S., which many of us here are familiar with. The U.S. now requires infants to receive 26 vaccines (the most in the world) yet in contrast, Sweden and Japan administer 12 vaccines to infants (with many parents optint to start after the child is walking, which represents a specific level of completed neurological development). I’ve keenly observed the nervous distress, thin cries, and disturbed sleep of very young children the first 24 hours post-inoculation in a variety of settings - and the fact that some children are never the same after them is something I think society should be rigorously investigating and parents should be well informed of.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #224

In many responses in this thread are comments about exogenous ketones.
Amy Burger points out that there is a place for them in elderly AD patients. I posted
a small bit about this presentation here: Amy Burger on AD and Type III Diabeties

For the record I listen to Dr Berry and not Dr Berg. I don’t find Dr. Berg credible. I don’t take what Dr. Berry says or anyone else that seems to have authority and knowledge as the truth. I just take it all in and compare what each expert is telling us and make up my own mind. Any when possible show me the science.

(Jason Barden) #225

:rofl: No need to disparage us funeral directors! :grinning: Most of us are a pretty fun lot, not nearly as dour as Dr. Berg - you have to have a sense of humor to stay in this business. I tell all my friends I put the fun in funeral.

That said, I prefer Dr. Berry.

(Doug) #226

:smile::sunglasses: Ha! Right on…

(Running from stupidity) #227

:joy:

That said, I prefer Dr. Berry.

Because he’s more like an ACTUAL funeral director? :slight_smile:

I once went to an Christmas party at a funeral home - it was indeed a lot of fun :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #229

“We were like cats, we just lay around in boxes the whole night.”

(Brian) #231

I believe you. I haven’t gotten terribly close to many in your profession but a few that I’ve interacted with over the years have been pretty nice people.

It’s not something I could do. But I really appreciate those who can.

(Running from stupidity) #232

Because they’re like funeral directors? #confused

Same. My empathy levels are not actually non-existent, but they’re close :slight_smile:

Cos once they get in a box they won’t move #NotYourCatObvs :smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #234

#IFIFITSISITS

(Running from stupidity) #235

Even if it doesn’t, at times :slight_smile:

(Jason Barden) #236

Absolutely!

(Running from stupidity) #237

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(Doug) #238

Jason, as I think about this, you are right and more than right. There are Dickensian ‘undertakers’ or corpse-collectors, and then we have the modern reality. Thank goodness both my parents yet live, and that death has not approached closer than it has, but I’ve still been to a lot of funerals and remembrance services, and I cannot think of anytime I didn’t think the staff wasn’t really appropriate and nice.