Does this mean I am in keto or suffering from the "Keto Flu?"

(Benny Gallagher) #1

So I do not have any flu like symptoms, but just a foggy memory and feeling a bit tired and lethargic.
I have still pushed myself to exercise.
The hunger still remains low. But I have had a headache for the past two days. Smashing plenty of water and I’ve been taking some GOOD multis and fish oils prior to starting. Plus I’ve been able to cut the bad carbs and augars out intermittently throughout so the sugar decrease isn’t too bad for me.
But all in all, I’m feeling GREAT!
4.9kgs down for the year and weigh in on Monday. Down a pants size too. Increased energy (bar the past two days) and mental focus/alertness.
Keep up the good work everyone!

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

Carb withdrawal (or “Keto flu”) can feel like a hangover, so exactly what you’re describing. Make sure you’re adding extra salt. That will help more than the vitamins.

(Jay Patten) #3

Try some salty soup broth with some magnesium and potassium supplements. I prefer homemade broth made with water, chicken thighs, some butter and salt/ herbs. I boil the thighs for several hours and then I strain it and keep the meat for chicken salad.

My experience was to not push the exercise at the beginning. Walking is enough, maybe give it a couple days break - its totally up to you.
I’ve read that nearly everyone is deficient in Magnesium and Zinc. Mind you, you’re wanting Mag. Glycinate (Not Mag. Citrate).
Some folks have headache relief with salt. Me, I drink a cup of strong, black coffee.
Sounds like you’re making good progress! It might just be one of those ‘wonky’ days we all have.

(Benny Gallagher) #5

I don’t drink coffee (nor tea actually), so just lots of salty water it is for me I guess.