Does Steak and Red Meat Just sit There in your Colon for 3-4 Days?

Some people are allergic to avocados due to the persin fungicide but I do wonder if salt or something acidic would break down this toxin. How Mexicans make guacamole.

I don’t believe there’s a perfect fatty acid ratio for humans because we’re all unique.

I have an occipital bun like neanderthals and I’ve noticed that I need more Omega 6s than someone with the rear of their skull being flat.

(Bunny) #55

I know, the Fungicide thing; why organic is better!

Gaucomole has diced tomatoes and onions and sometimes garlic which is an anti-fungal, maybe it is that combination?

What is also interesting is if your gut microbiome is lacking phytase producing bacteria (anti-phytic acid) which is what our ancestors probably had an abundance of in there gut bacteria? They probably ate moldy veggies, fruits and foods[4] too?

Fungicides just make the veggies and fruit look pretty?

References:

[1] ”…A diet rich in phytate increases the potential of intestinal microbiota to degrade phytate. The co-operation of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria is essential for the complete phytate degradation. …” …More

[2] “…Aspergillus niger is a fungus and one of the most common species of the genus Aspergillus. It causes a disease called “black mold” on certain fruits and vegetables such as grapes, apricots, onions, and peanuts, and is a common contaminant of food. …” …More

[3] Absorption studies show that phytase from Aspergillus niger significantly increases iron and zinc bioavailability from phytate-rich foods

[4] Using a Mold Culture While Dry-Curing Meats

(Jack Bennett) #56

What specific PUFAs are we talking about?

As I understand it, EPA and DHA from fish are essential (in small amounts), but eating large quantities of other, non-essential PUFAs from (e.g.) safflower oil, is not likely to provide benefits.

(Bunny) #57

Interesting how satiating saturated fat (ghrelin suppressor?) can be?

In my own experience my body seems to know its limit, if I even think about eating another drop of saturated fat it initiates my gag reflex…lol

DHA and EPA in my polyunsaturated fats are also important which I like to get from krill oil.

Fat Composition Analysis

Available data suggests that 100 g of cocoa butter oil contains:

• 32.9% of monounsaturated fat, 3% of polyunsaturated fat, and 59.7% of saturated fat out of a total lipid of 100 g. The amount of trans fat is not available. It does not contain any cholesterol.
  • 32.9 g of total monounsaturated fat, which includes 32.6 g of Oleic Acid (OA)1. There is no data for Palmitoleic Acid (PA).
  • Out of a total of 3 g of polyunsaturated fat, there is 0.1 g of total omega-3 fatty acids2which composed mainly of Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA) (exact value of ALA, however, is unknown). The amount of Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), Docosapentaenoic Acid (DPA)and Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) are zero or negligible.
  • 2.8 g of total omega-6 fatty acids3. Most of these fats are omega-6 Linoleic Acid (LA), but the exact LA amount is unknown. No data is available for the amount of Arachidonic Acid (ARA), Dihomo-gamma-linolenic Acid (DGLA)and Gamma-linolenic Acid (GLA).
  • 28 times as much omega-6 as omega-3 fatty acids.
  • 59.7 g of total saturated fat. Some of these saturated fatty acids are 33.2 g of Stearic Acid (SA), 25.4 g of Palmitic Acid (PAL) and 0.1 g of Myristic Acid (MA). The amount of Caprylic Acid (CA) and Lauric Acid (LAA) are zero or negligible. …More

References:

[1] “…PUFAs are distinguished from saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids by the presence of two or more double bonds between carbons within the fatty acid chain. Omega-3 fatty acids (omega-3s) have a carbon–carbon double bond located three carbons from the methyl end of the chain. Omega-3s, sometimes referred to as “n-3s,” are present in certain foods such as flaxseed and fish, as well as dietary supplements such as fish oil. Several different omega-3s exist, but the majority of scientific research focuses on three: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). ALA contains 18 carbon atoms, whereas EPA and DHA are considered “long-chain” (LC) omega-3s because EPA contains 20 carbons and DHA contains 22. …” …More

(bulkbiker) #58

How do you eat only saturated fat? If you are eating food it’s an impossibility…

(Bunny) #59

Ummm maybe with my hands?

And possibly with a substance called food?

That was a really thought provoking question and very insightful!

(bulkbiker) #60

There is a food that only contains saturated fat?.. pray tell what it is…

(Bunny) #61

You tell us?

(bulkbiker) #62

There isn’t…

(Bunny) #63

Amazing! I didn’t know that!

Thanks for the info?

(bulkbiker) #64

Obviously you didn’t hence your previous statement…

you’re welcome anyway…

(Bunny) #65

It was honor to have you respond Lord Mark!

(bulkbiker) #66

I have to get my hands dirty sometimes… x

(hottie turned hag) #67

:smile: :rofl: :astonished:

I think I love you
:heart_eyes:

(Susan) #68

All the NSV’s from Keto…LOL… @barefootbob made a similar post one day about the NSV’s he has had since going Carnivore, but I cannot find it when I was looking.

Third entry down, I think. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #70

Hehe, I was referring to the one you edited and put TMI -I wonder how many read it before, hehe (look @BlueViolet 's post above).

Dang I should’ve left mine. :smile:

(Susan) #72

Hehe, well it reminded me of the posts above =). All of the NSV’s of Keto and of Carnivore as well. Both are low or zero carb lifestyles at any rate =).

Keep in mind that yes, for some people in their first few months of keto, it does just sit there - and they need additional help via magnesium supplementation and digestive enzymes (Ginger capsules are a pro-enzyme digestive support, and cheap) and/or avocado/greens fiber to multiply their good bacteria and help peristalsis and transit time be on a speedy natural schedule.

Also, lots of western industrial people drink water or fizzy drinks with meals, which dilutes enzymes and fosters constipation. Not drinking such beverages with or close to meals can change that around. However, imbibing grape wine boosts gastrin production and enhances digestion of certain cuisine (as the French, Italians, and southern mediterraneans know well).

In the U.S. (and prob likewise in Canada, the UK, and Australia, all eating the industrial SAD), the average frequency of bowel movements in adults is once every 3-4 days. Causes include rampant over-medication with constipating side effects (with many institutionalized people with terrible food options or who are fed by IV), along with ultra-processed foods and their non-food plasticenes and other inflammatory additives or oils. Along with tons of people chugging sodas with meals. Laxatives are a big business. :unamused:

However, once the gut bacteria have adapted well to LCHF/keto and one is properly hydrating and salting - elimination should be hale & hearty. In eastern medicine, a transit time longer than 24 hours is considered disease-inducing over time, as a strong digestion/enzymatic power is the gateway of health. :sparkles: