Does Ginger Powder and this Supplement break a fast?

(Jim Van Der Woude) #1

Well Hello,

I have two questions. I understand that doing ginger in my tea won’t break my fast. But will ginger powder do break my fast? I see around 320 caloriers for 100 gram ginger on my powder.

My other question is about noobtropics. Does this https://www.mindlabpro.com/pages/ingredients supplement break my fast? I love to use it in the morning.

Many Thank!

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Why are you fasting? Does consuming these interfere with what you’re trying to accomplish?

(Jim Van Der Woude) #3

For the health benefits, not the spiritual or religion benefits

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Technically, any source of calories breaks a fast. But people do egg “fasts” and bacon “fasts,” so the definition is often very loose. Examine the nutrition label and list of ingredients for the product and see if it meets the goals of your fast or not.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

I assumed that. I meant more specifically what benefits are you trying to enhance by fasting: ie faster fat burn, boost ketosis, increase ketones…? Ginger might enhance fat burn, as might turmeric. The actual quantities required to have an effect are probably little enough that they would not contribute more than a few calories. Capsaicin probably has a similar effect at similar low doses. Fasting is a tool, not a dogma. Use it however you need to accomplish whatever it is you want to accomplish.

(Jane) #6

Do you put 100 g in your tea? If so, 320 calories breaks a fast in my book. Dr. Fung allows up to 50 calories for those who like a splash of cream in their coffee. Some would say even black coffee breaks a fast.

I’m not givng up my coffee when I fast but I forego the cream and sweetener.