Does anybody here, eat more butter than me?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #21

I use grass fed butter but I’m a weirdo and only use 10 grams when I cook.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #22

Thanks guys. Yes, I have been using a little bacon grease too… Whenever I cook bacon… About 2 or 3 mornings a week. The rest of the time it’s boneless pork ribs, steak, or Salmon. I also use a ton of heavy cream, in cooking, and in my coffee.

Btw, I LOVE my home roasted coffee every day… But I’d never put butter in my coffee.

So yes, I eat a ton of butter, but also heavy cream, cream cheese, regular cheese. I’m a dairy freak :slightly_smiling_face: And don’t count the numbers for anything.

(Bunny) #23

You don’t want to be a butter freak if your over-weight (trying to burn body fat), you might start storing it if you eat too much of it rather than oxidizing it?

Dr. Berg is the man.

If your doing Keto Dr. Berg is a must watch on YouTube

Butter freak here, too. Most days, I eat at least 2 hard boiled eggs. I slice them in half longways, and each half gets salted, and a TB pat of butter…then pop it down. Whatever beef I eat is either cooked in, dipped in, or slathered with butter. I don’t eat much chicken anymore, but when I do, I treat it the same as beef.

Your daily butter would last months for me :smiley: I can’t afford much added fat, let alone expensive butter. But it’s nice stuff. Once I had nothing to buy in a shop only butter and I ate it and liked it. I could eat much every day, I just don’t need all that extra energy and cost and if I did, I probably would get even tastier ideas.
But I can understand eating lots of delicious butter. Or heavy cream, well that’s good stuff even though I can’t buy it fresh so there is a bad aftertaste. It’s still good.

My fat is mostly in my pork (I do my best to eat it not rendered) and egg yolks now (tastier than butter to me and I tried Kerrygold, it was really good), it helps with my satiation way more than added fat. If I needed WAY more energy, I probably would use added fat and butter is a nice option indeed.